Dune Messiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    I cannot believe Dune is already coming out. It still feels like it should be ages away. Cinema trip for sure, but having a 4K rip online before it must really hurt UK ticket sales.
    I dunno... Sounds weird, but do many people still pirate movies these days?

I think we went through an era where a lot of people did - Suprnova etc., but I haven't done this in years.

Comment

I am hyped for this after reading multiple reviews... The few reviews where it hasn't scored so well really just feels like they didn't like the slow pacing but for me that is perfectly fine given the sheer magnitude of it.

I really hope we see the second part because I fear if I do see this and adore it that would be the biggest disappointment now.

Comment

Yeah, this is getting some great reviews!

There's a weird staggering of the release and we don't get it until late October.

Comment

Yep. We're not getting it until 15th October, and it's October 21st for you lot.

I can't wait for it, but I'm getting tired of DH posting every time Villeneuve says Dune 2 is definitely almost probably 100% swear on my mum's life going to be made or so help me Muad'Dib.

Comment

This’ll be the first thing i see in the cinema since? I can’t even remember. Honestly really excited for it.

Comment

"Dune" ignited the international box office in its debut, collecting $35.8 million from 24 overseas markets.

But a bad start given the release schedule and current climate for cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

I think we went through an era where a lot of people did - Suprnova etc., but I haven't done this in years.
                They do but with hacked fire sticks instead! It's a niche problem though.

Comment

Yeah, I do. There's no way I'm subscribing to all the various streaming services only to watch films from the 80s and 90s which I already have on my HDD and have owned multiple times across various formats in the past. I spent loads of money on special DVD imports back in the day, back when having a semi-decent CRT with surround sound speakers was the definitive home cinema experience and such a huge leap over VHS. Those days were great.

There's no way I'm starting a collection of the same films all over again.

I'll be going to see this because I enjoy going to the cinema when there's something new on which also might happen to be good (HAHAHAHA!!!1). I'll download it later if I like it.

Comment

double post.

Comment

Absolutely don’t blame you Dave, im the same with both dvds & Nintendo games. I’ve had the big collections then had to sell for various reasons, if in that desperate ill emu.

Comment

Unfortunately yeah, and if anything it's way easier and slicker these days.

Good to see such positive reviews for this coming in.
                        Last edited by wakka; 23-09-2021, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I'll be going to see this because I enjoy going to the cinema when there's something new on which also might happen to be good (HAHAHAHA!!!1). I'll download it later if I like it.
                          You do right as some films demand to be seen on the big screen (sure people can create a similar experience at home but not without spending a significant amount of money and time in the process). A film like Malignant which I watched last weekend could probably be enjoyed as much over a few beers at home. Dune, like Villeneuve's previous film Arrival, needs to be seen at the cinema on the biggest screen available (IMAX if possible) given its epic nature. I'd rather spend £5-£15 to let a venue sort all that out for me than try and capture that at home (remote working means I like going to the cinema to escape the 'office' for a little while anyway).
                          Last edited by Paddy; 25-09-2021, 16:55.

Comment

Just booked my ticket(IMAX) for Monday.

I still can’t believe it’s actually here. I’ve managed to keep away from the final trailer but I did accidentally see a YT thumbnail of an orni that looked wicked.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to watch this at the cinema but that is going to involve going on my own, during work hours... I just can't fit it in during the evening's with 3 kids and the wife working. But I feel it deserves a cinema viewing...

Comment

Just finished seeing this.

It was sublime.

If the rumour about Jason Momoa asking the projectionist to play it again is true, I completely understand.

To anyone planning on seeing it at the cinema, please see it in IMAX. Proper IMAX 4:3, not the wide version.

Comment

Working...
                                X