• Show
Clear All

is the mini series any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
      is the mini series any good?
      No. No it is not.

Comment

Just read through this entire thread and only realised at the end I've been going through liking stuff from 2018. Oh well.

This looks OK and I agree with NI and DT that it looks like a film that will probably bomb or at the very least not do the numbers that it really needs to do considering how expensive it looks.

And they're pronounced Nice biscuits.

Comment

I think the trailer is really exciting. But that IMDB comparison shows you just how much style (and colour) the Lynch version has. I'm sure the acting will be better in this though. And that worm... awesome camera angle.
          Last edited by charlesr; 30-06-2021, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            No. No it is not.
            Thanks for saving me!!!

Comment

Diane Ademu-John (“The Haunting of Bly Manor,” “Empire”) has been set as writer, showrunner, and executive producer of “Dune: The Sisterhood” television series at HBO Max. Jon Spaihts had previously been attached to run the series, but stepped down in late 2019 to focus on writing the script for the second of the “Dune” films. […]

The HBO Max series Dune: The Sisterhood is moving ahead. I suspect the comments in the link are right and this will be quietly axed when the film flops.

Comment

I think the new trailer looks awesome. I'm hopeful this will be good.

I want to see this on a massive screen with thunderous sound.

I've read the book a couple of times but it has been ages. I must admit I'm stumped where they will find a good place to end the film. Time to dredge up the kindle copy for a refresh.

Comment

Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune” is gearing up for its world premiere in Venice shortly ahead of a global release in October. Should all go well, then Villeneuve will head into production on “Dune: Part Two,” adapting the back half of Frank Herbert’s original 1965 novel that kicked off a whole saga spanning multiple books. Villeneuve is […]

Villeneuve has higher hopes than I do of the films box office potential by revealing that he plans to make a third film after the second completes the story of the book. The third film would cap the franchise as a trilogy by adapting the short story Dune Messiah. Anything beyond that would depend on where things stand at that point.

Comment

Dune Messiah was a tedious sequel to the original, which is one of my favourite SF novels. Not quite sure why he’d want to film it. Excited for Dune though, with all the usual caveats.

Comment

I suspect we'll never see the 2nd part.

This might be bull**** but I've read online that they weren't filmed back-to-back; whether they start on movie 2 is entirely dependent on the returns from movie 1, and given the situation we're in right now with returns on movie releases, I think it's really going to have to buck the trend.

Comment

I've never read the book, or seen the original film. And I suspect most people haven't. Which means people will go to see it based on the trailer... And that was a boring looking trailer...

Comment

Apparently it needs $400-$500m to break profit which only FF9 has done so... nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Apparently it needs $400-$500m to break profit which only FF9 has done so... nope.
                            Yikes, year were not seeing the second part.

Comment

Filmmaker Denis Villeneuve has revealed that the success of “Dune” next month, and whether we’ll get the second film adapting the book’s second half, will not only rely on box-office numbers but also on viewership on HBO Max as well. Speaking with Variety for an extended feature piece, he revealed that initially he wanted to […]

There's hints that Villeneuve has been given some reassurances about the chances of being able to make Dune: Part II as Warner Bros will lean on the first films box office and also the HBO Max numbers. The film needing to bomb on both to have the sequel scrapped.

Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune” film will begin its international rollout this weekend, the adaptation of Frank Herbert’s 1965 classic opening in 24 markets including France, Germany, Russia, Italy and Spain. Deadline reports the film is on track to launch in the mid-$20 million range in those markets. Like-for-like, Villeneuve’s last film “Blade Runner 2049” scored $22.8 […]

The first film begins opening in 24 markets this weekend and is projected to open in the mid $20m range which would line up with Black Widow

Comment

I cannot believe Dune is already coming out. It still feels like it should be ages away. Cinema trip for sure, but having a 4K rip online before it must really hurt UK ticket sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X