No announcement yet.

Samurai Shodown VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free season pass is a pretty good incentive to pick this up at launch. Not that I wasn't already planning to, but...

Comment

Comment

This is my most anticipated game of 2019. I need to see how much of a badass Tachibana Ukyo is.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There’s a demo in the Japanese PSN. Seems pretty basic in reality. The graphics are nice though.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            There’s a demo in the Japanese PSN. Seems pretty basic in reality. The graphics are nice though.
            I mean, isn't that right? Samurai Shodown was always quite basic on the surface. The Last Blade was the technical fighter. Though admittedly I only really played SS 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I mean, isn't that right? Samurai Shodown was always quite basic on the surface. The Last Blade was the technical fighter. Though admittedly I only really played SS 1 and 2.
              In theory yes, but this just feels like a shiny version of SS2. None of the flashy stuff from SS4 seems to be included. Rage explosion doesn’t offer a continuous slash option. It’s just a fatal slash, which is quite basic, and very easy to read. There are also no multi slashes after a CD. There are some counter options, but you don’t seem to be able to side step around someone either, it’s just a KOF ‘94 style dodge into the background.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Apparently there's a new demo up on the Jp store ...

Comment

Completely slipped my mind that this is out this week! The "free" season pass is feeling like less of a deal now I notice most places are trying to sell it for £50...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Completely slipped my mind that this is out this week! The "free" season pass is feeling like less of a deal now I notice most places are trying to sell it for £50...
                    Gonna pick it up if it reviews well; was going to get it on launch but decided to go for Blood & Truth instead.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Its still a little pricey but The Game Collection has it atm for £39.95:

After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package. Samurai

Comment

Seems if you go to psn store the season pass is currently free so can be got even if u do not have the game

Comment

And if you are old school neo geo fan , it’s worth every penny of £50 , I paid £300 for the original back in the day .

its a truly beautiful update to a classic franchise , I love it to bits already .

Comment

So this turned up today and I have been playing most of the afternoon. Really enjoying it so far, as others have said it has an old school SS2 vibe about it and plays really well. More details to come after I spent some more time with it.

Comment

Playing through gauntlet mode is realised a lot of the stages are remakes , but they look stunning , the games has totally drawn me in like I hoped SNK best game for 20 or so years , I cannot state how good it is . Get it

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                                So this turned up today and I have been playing most of the afternoon. Really enjoying it so far, as others have said it has an old school SS2 vibe about it and plays really well. More details to come after I spent some more time with it.

I was looking for that edition. Where did you get it from? That ZenMarket place?

The cheapest and safest Japan online shopping service. Buy today from Japan Yahoo Auctions, Amazon.co.jp, Rakuten and other Japanese online stores!

Comment

Working...
                                X