The House of the Dead - 1996
    Neo Drift Out - 1996
    Neo Turf Masters - 1996
    Twinkle Star Sprites - 1996
    DoDonPachi - 1996
    Soukyugurentai - 1996
    Sexy Parodius - 1996
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 - 1996

Here's the last collection of arcade classics. Which 5 do you like the most?
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-03-2019, 14:59.

*Gulp*
    Now here's a tough one...

Comment

NO FU8KING SOUKY? Anway.....

1) Gun Blade NY - Not only one of the best light gun games ever made, but also one of my all time fav games on any system.

2) Die Hard Arcade - The best 3D beat them up going and of almost as good as SOR II for me.

3) Batlle Garegga - One of the best shooters ever made, with RAIZING trademark amazing 3rd Level/Stage

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        *Gulp*
        Now here's a tough one...
        I also think it's quite tough, but I'll choose these:

Metal Slug - A totally excellent run-n-gun game that's still a joy to play.

Scud Race - I loved the graphics and feel of the game. Sega really need to release a '90s racers' compilation..

DoDonPachi - Really satisfying gameplay and impressive graphics.

Soukyugurentai - A very captivating shooter full of distinct graphics and sound. A top quality experience from start to finish.

Sexy Parodius - I love the series -- and this is another crazy entry with unforgettable graphics and sound.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        NO FU8KING SOUKY? Anway.....
        Well.. that's embarrassing.

So out with Last Bronx -- and in with Soukyugurentai.

1) Gun Blade NY - Not only one of the best light gun games ever made, but also one of my all time fav games on any system.

2) Die Hard Arcade - The best 3D beat them up going and of almost as good as SOR II for me.

3) Batlle Garegga - One of the best shooters ever made, with RAIZING trademark amazing 3rd Level/Stage
        I remember Gunblade looked amazing back in the day. Die Hard Arcade proved that 3D beat 'em ups could be good. Garegga is a really nice shooter.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-03-2019, 14:54.

Comment

Soukyugurentai - Not only the best shooter ever made, the best game ever made. RAIZING were GOD's

#RespectToLeon

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            . Die Hard Arcade proved that 3D beat 'em ups could be good. Garegga is a really nice shooter.
            If Die Hard Arcade had used the SOR world and characters and had music from Yuzo it be hailed as an all-time classic. The game is fab fun and also really looks amazing with Model 2 style visuals and some of the best texture's going

Comment

RAIZING were GOD's
              I just hope the Gods don't strike me down for forgetting their brilliant creation. I'm glad you reminded me.

If Die Hard Arcade had used the SOR world and characters and had music from Yuzo it be hailed as an all-time classic. The game is fab fun and also really looks amazing with Model 2 style visuals and some of the best texture's going
              Sega should have got the same team to create a 3D SOR for the arcade. I think it could have been something special.

Comment

Sega should have got the same team to create a 3D SOR for the arcade. I think it could have been something special.
                I find it bizarre that it isn't a Streets of Rage game. The Die Hard thing was just a name for the western market. It's a scrolling beat-em-up where you play as a cop and fight a sinister boss at the top of a big building. It may as well have had minor changes and been made into the next Streets of Rage.

EDIT: Wow, seems I was wrong in my assumption there. It turns out the game was originally a Die Hard game and stripped of the licence in Japan. I assumed it was a generic game in Japan that had Die Hard slapped onto it when it was brought west.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I find it bizarre that it isn't a Streets of Rage game. The Die Hard thing was just a name for the western market. It's a scrolling beat-em-up where you play as a cop and fight a sinister boss at the top of a big building. It may as well have had minor changes and been made into the next Streets of Rage.
                  I think it was more to it, the game does take place in a Sky Scraper and features terrorists. I can see why the AM#1 team would thing the Die Hard IP would be a better fit, than the SOR IP

Comment

[QUOTE=Leon Retro;2311166

Sega should have got the same team to create a 3D SOR for the arcade. I think it could have been something special.[/QUOTE]

I think the game is just as good as SOR tbh. I also seem to remember the Arcade game making a fortune, but the Saturn version was a bit of a flop

Comment

EDIT: Wow, seems I was wrong in my assumption there. It turns out the game was originally a Die Hard game and stripped of the licence in Japan. I assumed it was a generic game in Japan that had Die Hard slapped onto it when it was brought west.
                      It's easy to think it could be one of those games where the developer has been inspired by movies and copied the likeness of an action star.

Comment

It's easy to think it could be one of those games where the developer has been inspired by movies and copied the likeness of an action star.
                        That was very Japanese at the time

Comment

Manx TT - 1995
                          Gunblade NY - 1996
                          Virtua Fighter 3 - 1996
                          Probably these. There are several others, but those are games which, for me, were more about the Saturn versions.

Manx TT, on the premium cab, was an exhilirating experience. I think it might just be the more "unsung" of the great Sega arcade racers, next to SCUD Race. Great feeling of speed, great handling, superb controls, and it looked amazing.

Gunblade was superb fun. The Wii conversion was fine, but you really needed the numbness-inducing cabinet to get the best out of it. Its nimble enemies were a really nice touch, and it just feels like nothing else.

Virtua Fighter III had a decent enough version on the Dreamcast, but that didn't reach Europe until around 3 years after the arcade version was released. A place near me had a cabinet, and as a huge 3D fighter and VF2 fan, I must have put a fair bit of cash into it. The way that the characters had musculature, hair and clothing that responded to their movements, or how the multi-layered backgrounds looked like real places (a first for VF) was just jaw-dropping. In retrospect, VF3 had many mis-steps for the franchise (if I recall correctly, for weird balance reasons, Wolf Hawkfield was the best character in the game, and the undulating stages, while visually striking, actually caused balance problems) but it was great fun regardless.

Comment

That was just it though the main character doesn't look like Bruce Willis. The building looks a bit like Nakatomi Plaza though.

Comment

That was very Japanese at the time
                              Yeah, especially during the 16-bit era. There are loads of examples.

Manx TT, on the premium cab, was an exhilirating experience. I think it might just be the more "unsung" of the great Sega arcade racers, next to SCUD Race. Great feeling of speed, great handling, superb controls, and it looked amazing.
                              I think it was a popular arcade game, but it's never got as much praise as Daytona or Sega Rally. I really enjoyed playing it when I went down the bowling alley that had a 2-player set up.

That was just it though the main character doesn't look like Bruce Willis. The building looks a bit like Nakatomi Plaza though.

You have to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X