X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero 2. Thread over.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I didn't play any of these in the arcades, so I have to go on what I've played on home consoles.

1. Sexy Parodius - I'm not a huge shoot-em-up fan, hence not choosing some of the other games which will presumably end up as very popular, but the craziness and cuteness of the Parodius series is awesome, and Sexy Parodius is my favourite of the lot.

2. Manx TT - my first Saturn game, years after the Saturn was discontinued, and it's a belter. Only two tracks, and rubber banding from hell, but that doesn't matter, as the challenge is against the clock, rather than the other racers. The best arcade bike racer of all time in my opinion.

3. Die Hard Arcade - don't think this would win too many best game awards, but it's amazing fun, and its faults merely add to its charm.

4. Metal Slug - I love the animation and the wackiness of this series.

5. Neo Turf Masters - only discovered this recently, on the Switch, but it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Zero 2. Thread over.
        It's certainly a great game.

Originally posted by Marius View Post

1. Sexy Parodius - I'm not a huge shoot-em-up fan, hence not choosing some of the other games which will presumably end up as very popular, but the craziness and cuteness of the Parodius series is awesome, and Sexy Parodius is my favourite of the lot.
        Yeah, there's something uplifting and really fun about Parodius games that makes them a joy to play through.

2. Manx TT - my first Saturn game, years after the Saturn was discontinued, and it's a belter. Only two tracks, and rubber banding from hell, but that doesn't matter, as the challenge is against the clock, rather than the other racers. The best arcade bike racer of all time in my opinion.
        Much better than the terrible Hang-On GP. I used to play it a lot back in the 90s.

4. Metal Slug - I love the animation and the wackiness of this series.
        All the animation and detail made it such a stunning game. The developer obviously wanted to take full advantage of the Neo Geo and deliver an unforgettable run-'n-gun experience. Such a brilliant creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Much better than the terrible Hang-On GP. I used to play it a lot back in the 90s.
          Yeah, that came out around the same time as the arcade Manx if I recall... Remember how the bikes had hexagonal wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Remember how the bikes had hexagonal wheels?

Yeah, the graphics are terrible. And it feels really clunky to play. The only good point is some of the music is decent.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-03-2019, 09:51.

Comment

Seeing Scud Race makes me sad again... but seriously, Street Fighter Alpha 2 is the best game on the list, it's selecting the other 4 for me that's the trick.

-Time Crisis
              -Metal Slug
              -Scud Race

Just one more

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Seeing Scud Race makes me sad again... but seriously, Street Fighter Alpha 2 is the best game on the list,
                It's definitely my favourite fighter on the list. Such a great game in all areas.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

-Time Crisis
                -Metal Slug
                -Scud Race
                Looking at that list takes me back to the mid-90s and reminds me how awesome those days were. I must have spent loads of money on those three. I remember the excitement when Metal Slug was ported to the Saturn.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-03-2019, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Looking at that list takes me back to the mid-90s and reminds me how awesome those days were. I must have spent loads of money on those three. I remember the excitement when Metal Slug was ported to the Saturn.
                  The 32Bit days were the best for me. I too loved Metal Slug on the Saturn and I so wished that Last Resort and Pulstar would have been ported to the Saturn and used the 1 Meg Cart, they were a perfect fit for the Saturn userbase

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    The 32Bit days were the best for me. I too loved Metal Slug on the Saturn and I so wished that Last Resort and Pulstar would have been ported to the Saturn and used the 1 Meg Cart, they were a perfect fit for the Saturn userbase
                    It really was an amazing time to be a gamer -- you had all sorts of incredible games that people could have only dreamed of playing in the home a few years before. It was great how 2D & 3D games were taken to another level.

It's a shame that the Saturn didn't get games like Pulstar, as I would have been really happy to own it.

Comment

Working...
                    X