Your favourite shoot 'em up tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my favourites

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Stage 1 tracks are so important in a shooter, and here's a recent one I thought absolutely nailed it. The mid-stage break timing perfectly with the guitar part coming in is pure, glorious, magnificent cheese, and I love it.

Then there's this track and stage combo - which might just be my favourite ever. For such a late-game stage, it's very chilled out while still being hard as balls, and has you weaving through some pretty dense patterns. So good.

Comment

Comment

*****LONG POST INCOMING*****

For me, Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou / Vulcan Venture is unquestionably one of the all-time great shmup soundtracks and pretty much the best soundtrack in the entire Gradius franchise imo.

I even went as far as to purchase a copy of the PCE CD-ROM2 port despite not actually owning PCE CD-ROM2 hardware just so that I could listen to the soundtrack off of a player thanks to the disc being RedBook audio!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
              Some of my favourites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbPW...fFmyqhF57PlXpN
              Learn to embed your YouTube links on here! It isn't bloody difficult!!

Comment

@ZipZap

That tune from Axelay is one of the greatest ever made for the machine. Up there with the best tunes from Contra Spirits.

I love that tune from Pop'n Twinbee -- it's pure nostalgia for my ears.

@samanosuke

Yeah, that tune from Sol-Feace is a perfect example of a musician having access to CD-ROM but still making music that sounds very much like a beefed up chiptune. They didn't have to downscale their creations for 16-bit hardware, so you got what they originally intended. I really like this sort of thing.

@Samuray

It's amazing to think that music is coming from an AES cartridge. I really like how the Fast Striker tunes have an Amiga vibe about them only much more advanced. The spirit of the Amiga lives on.

The music from Razion has more of a Japanese vibe about it, which is really nice. Definitely great music to boost the atmosphere of the games.

Also, I love that sort of synth metal music from Gates of Thunder. It's inspired me to play the game again.

@samanosuke

I love the music in RSG and Ikargua -- it's really epic and stirring.

@charlesr

That tune from Xenon 2 brings back memories of how I used to play it to show off my Amiga to friends. It made them beg their parents for an Amiga for Xmas.

@Nu-Eclipse

Konami delivered some truly brilliant music during the 16-bit era. I used to listen to the Pop'n Twinbee music a lot back in the day.

Some of those tunes from Gradius II are golden classics that fill me with nostalgia. A perfect match for the game.

@Team Andromeda

I love those sort of heavily synthy tunes. They really take me back to that era.

Comment

Comment

@Team Andromeda

Lots of beautiful synth music. I really like the Border Down tune.

The Space Harrier theme is easily one of the best tunes ever made.

Comment

Such an epic tune.

A few PC Engine CD tunes that I really enjoy listening to. I love a bit of synth rock.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-03-2019, 13:51.

Comment

Comment

i think Thunderforce IV and Gleylancer are hard to beat

Akai Katana and progear are excellent too

Comment

I always loved the Neo Geo Alpha Mission 2 soundtrack, especially:

And

Also love the Battle Garrega soundtrack

Last edited by SUMIRE; 13-03-2019, 15:03.

Comment

Some great choices in this thread. I’d like to add a few.

Vapor Trail for the Megadrive especially the intro and third level.

Ghost Blade another banging soundtrack from Rafael Dyll.

And Raiden Fighters Jet is a belter too.
                              Last edited by CMcK; 14-03-2019, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

Vapor Trail for the Megadrive especially the intro and third level.
                                You have to click on 'Share' and grab the code at the end. That's all you need.

Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-03-2019, 16:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X