Orphan Black II: Echoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphan Black II: Echoes

A new series set in the same universe as BBC America’s “Orphan Black” is currently in the early development stages at AMC reports Variety. However, their sources stress this isn’t a reboot, sequel or spin-off – it’s a “completely new story set in the same world”. A writer is currently being sought for the project […]

AMC are said to be working on a new show set in the same universe as Orphan Black. I enjoyed the show but it felt properly done so this will need to be much more than a 'clone' of that one.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 07-04-2022, 06:58.

Yeah it was completely finished and worked great. But I would say there is plenty of room for other stories set around its ideas so I’ll be curious to see where this goes.

Comment

Anna Fishko (“Fear the Walking Dead,” “The Society”) is on board to write and executive produce a new iteration of the cult hit series “Orphan Black” for AMC. John Fawcett and Graeme Manson created the original series which launched in 2013 and ran for five seasons. Tatiana Maslany played a woman who discovers that she […]

One of the writers from Fear the Walking Dead has been set to task on this. The show is confirmed to be another tale within the same world rather than a reboot of the show.

Comment

AMC Networks has given the green light for “Orphan Black: Echoes,” a spin-off set in the same world as the Tatiana Maslany-led sci-fi cult hit “Orphan Black” which ran from 2013-2017. John Fawcett and Graeme Manson created the original which followed a woman who discovers that she is a clone and that someone is plotting […]

The sequel series has been greenlit and will begin next year

Comment

Krysten Ritter To Lead "Orphan Back" Spin-Off - Dark Horizons
          Ritter steps into the lead role

Comment

New Photos: "Orphan Black: Echoes" - Dark Horizons
            First images released

Comment

Comment

I’ll likely give it a watch but the trailer doesn’t grab me. Not feeling Orphan Black there but then I guess it’s okay that it tries to be its own thing.

Comment

Same, I'm curious less about getting into it and more how they handle it. With the original the plot became less engaging fairly early on but Maslany was so good in the multiple roles that she kept you on board till the end. I enjoyed the show but have never felt a pull toward wanting more of it, the appeal of the original was so specific that it feels like threading through the eye of a needle to come up with something worthwhile sticking with in a sequel

Comment

Working...
                  X