No announcement yet.

Borderlands 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related to the earlier conversation, but the free UHD texture pack for BL2/Pre-Sequel/Handsome Collection is out now. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

PSN link to the DLC: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...-now%3Anull%3A

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      Related to the earlier conversation, but the free UHD texture pack for BL2/Pre-Sequel/Handsome Collection is out now. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Bought the handsome collection on the weekend ready for the ultra hd pack for my one x.Just booted up and had a 4.7gb patch for BL 2 and a 17gb parch BLTP.Loaded up BL2 then the store option was flashing.Another 7gb patch for the Ultra hd pack sheesh modern gaming

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
        Bought the handsome collection on the weekend ready for the ultra hd pack for my one x.Just booted up and had a 4.7gb patch for BL 2 and a 17gb parch BLTP.Loaded up BL2 then the store option was flashing.Another 7gb patch for the Ultra hd pack sheesh modern gaming
        Yep. THC on PS4 was 33gb and this DLC is showing as over 15gb on PSN. So close to 50gb all in. That said free DLC which is nice.

Edit: whoops, can't do maths.
        Last edited by Digfox; 03-04-2019, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

Tried this update for The Handsome Collection on PS4 Pro last night, or at least on Borderlands 2. 1.5GB patch and then the 15GB free DLC Ultra HD Pack.

First thing, is a new nag screen for Borderlands 3. You can click through it, and then on the games themselves is a large banner ad and pre-oder BL3 link added to the menu. Slightly annoying.

But my word can you see a difference. Everything is super sharp now, and seemingly at no impact on the performance. Although I noted before the patch that even as a base PS4 game the frame rate stuttered slightly when the FOV is adjusted from the base 70 to 90+. Nothing major and I never tried with boost mode but the odd stutter was there at least in BL2.

However with the cell shaded style everything just looks super sharp now. Nice update.

Comment

What's a microtransaction anyway?

Randy Pitchford starts a debate: https://www.resetera.com/threads/doe...ctions.114714/

My attempt to summarise (much more in the above link):
            • During a presentation of BL3 Randy Pitchford states the game will have no microtransactions ("We're going to do some kick-ass campaign DLC, and I'm sure we're going to do all kinds of fun customizations such as heads and skins." AND "We're not doing any of that free-to-play junk -- there's not going to be any microtransactions").
            • Game Informer publish an article and tweet confirming BL3 WILL have cosmetic microtransactions, based on what Gearbox have confirmed.
            • Randy Pitchford gets quite angry on Twitter, including swearing.
            • Game Informer Editor stands by their contributor/reporter.
            • Randy Pitchford makes an impassioned plea to GI that over 18 tweets that microtransactions will be broadly in-line with what BL2 had, although leaves this peach in there:

/9 Our post launch plans are in flux as we are finishing the main game, but we have committed to a robust season pass that I am confident will be measurable later as an even better value proposition than Borderlands 2, which is the reigning gold standard for season pass value.

/10 Our post-launch plans are in flux, but I made a commitment that Borderlands 3 would not pursue F2P style monetization.
            To me Borderlands 2 did have microtransactions even if they aren't as aggressive as what we often have now. Although over £100 worth of DLC and cosmetics, some of it not in the season pass. Maybe Randy Pitchford should be crystal clear on exactly what they are selling or be quiet.

The cynical side of me thinks they wanted the fanfare of 'no microtransactions' reporting when the game is going to have them in some form.

Last edited by Digfox; 02-05-2019, 18:32.

Comment

No micro transactions just transactions that are micro

Comment

Pitchford

Comment

Woops, and corrected. I know his name so not sure why I didn't pick up on that typo.

Comment

He’s an odd chap for sure.

Comment

I think its auto correct that got me. Not sure how I haven't been writing about England goal keepers or removal firms.

I don't mind characters and quite like the honesty sometimes. He can be more transparent than faceless PR.

That said I do think this PR episode is on him.

Comment

We want to sell you microtransactions but just don't call them microtransactions ok because their not microtransactions.

Think ill hard pass on this one for launch, all the marketing b******s and PR verbal diarrhoea makes me want to vomit.

Comment

I don’t care about all the marketing spiel and other bollocks. I WANT THIS GAME NOW!

Comment

TLDR:
                            • Xbox One X/PS4 Pro modes can't hold 60fps in the Performance modes (1080p). Framerate drops to as low as 40fps in the vehicle sections. 50 to 60fps in first person combat.
                            • Xbox One X Resolution mode (1800p) holds a very solid FPS.
                            • PS4 Pro Resolution mode (also 1800p) can't hold a solid 30fps (c.25-28fps).
                            • PS4 has higher settings than Xbox One X; better anisotropic filtering, density of foliage.

Sounds like Xbox One X version hasn't had any extra work to utilise the more powerful hardware. I'm sure Gearbox will patch these although the 60fps not being 60fps seems to be a constraint of the weak CPU hardware in both machines.

There's lots of reports of sloppy performance on the base PS4 including placeholder text bugs and issues. And huge amounts reports about the quality of the PC version too. And atm only the PC has the Twitch loot extension until the day 30 patch on consoles.

Of course Gearbox/2K withheld console versions from reviews and only released the PC version to a select few US-based videogame media outlets. It's hard not to be cynical and think the state of the game on consoles probably played into this decision as much as wanting to control the Metacritic review score before release.

Comment

Was mentioned early reviewers were told they could not mention about any Direct x 12 stuff

I was going to get the game on PC but will wait a while

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                Was mentioned early reviewers were told they could not mention about any Direct x 12 stuff
                                And that it was 'work in progress' even 4 days out from worldwide release.

It just really reinforces the feeling more than ever that buying games day one isn't sensible. Funnily enough a ResetEra thread popped up earlier on this exact topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X