Borderlands 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borderlands 3

Gearbox looks set to announce Borderlands 3 soon.Borderlands 3 is an open secret in the video game industry, but based …

It looks like we're finally going to get that Borderlands 3 reveal at the end of the month as the series drags itself onto current gen hardware just before the sun sets.

It's happening:

Comment

I am positively moist with excitement.

Comment

I am ready.

Comment

Yes. Adding this to the list.

Comment

Slightly excited for this. I got a bit bored of the Borderlands formula after playing a lot of the first two games, but I've just gone back to the sequel (Handsome Collection is £9 atm on PSN) and it is as fun as ever.

I hope they bring some innovation and improvements though.
            Last edited by Digfox; 28-03-2019, 09:36.

Comment

I wonder who they syphoned finds form this time to finish it?

Comment

One thing I did worry about is the fact that this is a looter shooter (done right), but this sequel does come at a time when cramming in microtransations are all the rage. I really hope it doesn't go down that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  One thing I did worry about is the fact that this is a looter shooter (done right), but this sequel does come at a time when cramming in microtransations are all the rage. I really hope it doesn't go down that road.
                  Unfortunately it's inevitable. Although Borderlands 2 did sell an inordinate amount of DLC. It just a case of how aggressive they will be with the MTX. Although some games seem to get a pass more than others.

Comment

What do we think?

Visit Borderlands.com on April 3 for more info.
                    So probably platforms and release date then.

Comment

I feel like... I should be applauding them for still supporting Borderlands 2 with DLC after so long...

They needn't have bothered with this:

I've enjoyed all three previous games so I'm good for this one but it's just reserved a low hype spot

Comment

I'm mixed on the Borderlands 3 trailer. I don't necessarily want another modern-style Live service/GaaS looter but I do want more customisation, maybe mods on weapons, more interesting skill trees, more diverse class types, a much better UI and a better structured endgame. To be fair that BL3 trailer doesn't mean there aren't improvements but there were a few clues as to just how close this game might be to it's lineage.

I couldn't really care for BL1 GOTY and that feels like a relatively easy quick-win for Gearbox particularly after the hit taken on Battleborn. I do like the colour customisation tidbit in the trailer though.

That said kudos to Gearbox for the free Ultra HD Texture Pack for BL2/Pre-Sequel/The Handsome Collection on PS4/Xbox One/PC. Funnily enough I've just bought the Handsome Collection on PS4 (only £8.99 atm on PSN) so the update is great news. Borderlands 2 was always the more enjoyable game so going back to it looking even better is great news!

Comment

Got The Handsome collection for Xbox One in Argos £11.99

Comment

Looking forward to 3. I will probably get the original on PS4 depending on price (I wonder if it will be available for pre-order. I presume my PS3 saves can be transferred via the cloud.

Comment

Releases on 13 September 2019 and is an Epic Store exclusive on PC until April

Comment

Working...
                              X