New Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Navi based cards are likely to launch late summer.
    Got a source on that? I’ve seen that AMD have no plans to announce anything until at least October.

Comment

Rumors about Navi focus on either July or October this year. I guess we'll have to wait for the reveal of Zen 2, maybe AMD will drop Zen 2+Navi available before fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        There's a reasonable 4K benchmark summary here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...enchmarks-7001

I have 1070 laptop with 1440p monitor so I don't have any personal experience of that config.

I suspect that it depends on what you're playing and what you're expectations on frame rates are. eSports/f2p sort of stuff is going to easily be 4K over 60fps. But with newer multiplatform stuff you may struggle to get close to 4k/60fps.
        I can't get consistent 4K/60 with a GTX1080 in a lot of games not without compromising on quality settings.

Comment

Funnily enough I also have a 970, but i will wait what Navi brings but if i was going to get a card now would either be a 1660ti or if i could save up a little bit would be a 2060

Comment

Aside from the extra video RAM which is proving more and more essential I don’t think a 1660 Ti would be worth it if you have a 970. Waiting for Navi wouldn’t be the worst idea if you can hang on but I’d personally be thinking 2060 minimum. And like Digfox suggests you can claw back nearly £100 selling a 970 at this point also.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 16-03-2019, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              I can't get consistent 4K/60 with a GTX1080 in a lot of games not without compromising on quality settings.
              I think we're saying the same thing. Stuff like Warframe, LoL, PoE, Overwatch will be doable at 4K on the 2060. Even BFV and FC5 get close to 4K/60 in benchmarks. 4K/30 or low-med settings is more realistic.

The 2060 does get very close to the 1080 btw.

Personally if I was buying a PC moniter/setup now. I'd aim for a 1080p 144hz screen. Becuase they are much better value, easier to drive and the increase to 1440p/4K isn't necessarily worth it imo. I purchased a 1440p screen 3 1/2 yrs ago and kinda regret it now. Some of the prices on decent 1440p/4K PC monitors is worse than the GPU premium.

Comment

Decided to get this 1070 https://www.scan.co.uk/products/zota...-1708mhz-boost for £229

Was looking at benchmarks and compared to 1660 ti to a founders edition and some games are faster on 1070 and some on a 1660 but only seems a few frames different, and compared to a 2060 while i am missing out on RT i am not sure the extra frame rate difference is worth £100 extra, i game at 1080p anyway

Comment

1070 is a very solid card, I think that's a wise decision for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    1070 is a very solid card, I think that's a wise decision for that price.

Yup plus i could probably sell my 970 and get some money back, was going to wait on what AMD had planned but its not going to be for a while (though the game bundle was extremely tempting for the 590 and 56 models ).

Also I think what also pushed me was when they announced that certain ray tracing effects will be enabled in the 1000 series, then i think along with the 8086k Cpu its a pretty good system

Comment

Got the 1070 put it through its paces.

Much better performance running most games at max detail at 1080p, though Kingdom Come deliverance performance was not as good as i hoped (though more of a game issue).

It will probably do me a few years but I can see future games coming that will probably need details reduced and same with higher resolutions.

Thing that is bugging me though is micro stuttering, frame pacing and frame rate dips, even if a game is running 120fps I do notice stutters and not completely smooth frame rates, could be issues with G-sync enabled but i think my next upgrade is going to be a decently sized m.2 ssd Nvme drive as i am thinking perhaps older slower hardrives could be causing a few issues

Comment

Working...
                      X