Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JU! View Post
    What I cannot fathom is how Google did not make this a Netflix style service, seems like a no brained. When it works, it sounds good, but load times sound not great for a Server Back bone Google speak of.
    This is what it'll need to transition to if it hopes to survive.

Comment

I mean, nvidia are doing it on the shield. For free.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        Plus Microsoft are doing the same albeit as part of Game Pass Ultimate... But then that service didn't need any more value add but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          I have a Shield and you have to subscribe to NVidia games service, only games you already own on the PC can you stream to the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Plus Microsoft are doing the same albeit as part of Game Pass Ultimate... But then that service didn't need any more value add but there you go.
            Project Cloud is amazing and with MS Gamepass its going to be hard to beat when comes off the Beta. But one still needs to give a little credit to google (I know its hard) The tech when it works is really impressive with gfx that look better than a base Xbox or PS4 streamed down the network and where the games are totally playable.

It's not the future, but it's impressive and a great step forward for how games look and play whilst being streamed. I think the project is doomed to fail mind down to the price.

Comment

I’d seen it working as more of a Prime Video originally - a large library of ‘free’ stuff, with premium paid titles on top. Why on earth they haven’t done this - and why they’ve launched with such a weird, unfocused grab bag of titles, a full 25% of which is, bizarrely, Tom Raider games - I have no idea.

Comment

Just took a look at Reddit and this one does seem to be gaining quite a few reports... Terrible news really and if the Chromecast can't handle the constant bandwidth then Google are really screwed because I fail to see how they remedy it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  LOOOL, yeah that google long life support.
                  Google has killed over 150 products since 2006. The average lifespan of a Google product is 4 years and 1 month.

Turdia is on countdown
                  http://stadiacountdown.com/
                  Ffffff. I use Hangouts still.

Comment

How did they not see this issue coming?

Comment

Wow this is just going from bad to worse for Google, the overheating issue is a legacy issue with all Chromecast it seems. Saw one video on the problem back in 2017.

Comment

But that's not all ... their numbers aren't looking good either. The Stadia App was downloaded 175,000 times and the player numbers for Destiny 2 on 25th Nov

PC: 494,000
                        PlayStation 4: 454,000
                        Xbox: 331,000
                        Stadia: 19,400

Of those

PvE: 18,300 players
                        Crucible: 1,710 players
                        Gambit: 1,140 players
                        Raids: 499 players

Making finding matches problematic.

Meanwhile, Google adds two more games to the Pro Sub, namely Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Farm Simulator 2019. Trouble is they had these up for sale so now they're having to refund those who purchased them (I'm assuming that didn't take more than 15 minutes though).

Clearly a single day isn't an especially accurate measure, but if founder's observations were anything like mine, they'd have tried Destiny 2 and realised that even base Xbox One offers a better gaming experience.

Comment

Stadia. The worst way to play everything.

Comment

Stadia DMd (personal direct message) me this this morning. I haven't DMd them at all.

It seems Stadia is asking its users to pray for their service now. Utter clowns.

Comment

Or they are asking to pray for its soul after its imminent demise.

Comment

Lol. According to reddit, it is meant to be a survey.

Comment

Working...
                                X