No announcement yet.

Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying Stadia is getting desperate, but they've now introduced game trials, play any of the games in the catalogue for free without needing a Stadia account via your web browser

Mind, most look to be limited to 30-60 mins, tho that'll probably be enough

Comment

Officially...

Comment

You knew this was coming Pete!

Comment

I’m shocked!!!!

Comment

I would have been absolutely furious had this thread been bumped and it not been dead.

Comment

Not so Stadia prospect in the end

Comment

At least they are giving refunds ...the 5 people will be relieved, stupid thing was though I can see the appeal of a pay monthly but access to all games but they still had to screw it up

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Not so Stadia prospect in the end
                  As strong and stable as this government.

Comment

Killed by Google didn't waste any time.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I would have been absolutely furious had this thread been bumped and it not been dead.

Big facts!!

Comment

Well, at least they are refunding people.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I’m shocked!!!!
                          I'm shocked too.

With any luck, that will put the final nail in the coffin of the idea of streaming as a mainstream way of playing videogames.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 29-09-2022, 19:17.

Comment

Going off on a tangent, I genuinely wonder what Google will kill off next.

They recently threw in the towel with making their own Chromebooks, so I wonder if ChromeOS is on the chopping block at some point? I hope not - I use a Chromebook and while ChromeOS is a distant third behind Windows and MacOS, it isn't all bad to use for light productivity and/or media consumption and lots of schools and libraries are using ChromeOS as a far cheaper computing software alternative.

Comment

Who knows. What I did consider this evening tho, if Google are giving refunds, just buy up all the Stadia games now and play them to death and get refunded by Jan 2023 for them all

Edit - oh they just sent an email

Transactions and subscription fees

All commerce functionality (the ability to buy games, new subscriptions, add-ons or in-game purchases) on Stadia has now been disabled.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 29-09-2022, 22:38.

Comment

Seriously though, I don't get how blasé Google continue to be about their reputation for shuttering projects. Irrespective of how attractive any new products or services they bring to market look, I would also be wary of any of them ever lasting longer than a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X