No announcement yet.

Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Google has failed at it will send trembles through rival services, especially given the rapid turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      That Google has failed at it will send trembles through rival services, especially given the rapid turnaround.
      I think the problem with the approach taken is it was only streaming with no fallback. At least on Xbox I've got normal console play, remote local play and cloud options all from mostly the same catalogue of games I own or have subscription to access.

Streaming has its place, but it's only for when other options aren't viable.

Comment

I've used it on XCloud to see if a game with a big install is worth the download locally.

But yes, it's the business model for Stadia rather than the tech itself that hasn't helped it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Yeah - gotta be a pretty nervous time for all of those devs that got hoovered up to work on Amazon games / Luna, too.

Comment

Google Stadia be like:

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Yeah - gotta be a pretty nervous time for all of those devs that got hoovered up to work on Amazon games / Luna, too.
              Double Helix was one...after a long time of Mediocre games they did Reboot of Strider which was pretty good and their passion project Killer Instinct and i know they were hyped to do more of the game and were devastated when they found they were bought out, and then rolled into the Amazon games and i Imagine it is very soulless work and tbh Amazon Game Studios output has been both not that good and very slow to

Comment

So...there's this game on Stadia, Journey To The Savage Planet. It's developed by Typhoon Studios, which was bought by Google and merged into the Stadia Games And Entertainment (SG&E) group.
                The game is available on other format by 505Games, but the Stadia version is Google's property.

Remember how Google shut down SG&E earlier this year? Well, players discovered a game-breaking bug that was left unpatched for around 20 days. A patch was published earlier today, so, yeah, bright future for Stadia.

Comment

Frankly I'm amazed it got patched. I can only assume they paid the developers a crazy contract fee.

Comment

John Justice, Head of Product at Stadia left Google altogether along six employees from Stadia Games And Entertainment. These six employees joined Haven, Jade Raymond's newly formed studio, and Jade herself was previously Vice President at Stadia.

Asked about this, Google insisted that everything's fine with Stadia.
                    Google Stadia has been grabbing headlines in 2021 -- but perhaps not quite in the way the internet giant would like.Fir…

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      Asked about this, Google insisted that everything's fine with Stadia.
                      https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...alive-and-well
                      Google be like...

Comment

Stadia finally now properly compatible with Chromecast with Google TV.

Not that'll it make any difference to Stadia dying but hey.

Comment

5 ms Ping
                          336.3 MbpsDownload 333.9
                          Tried Hitman. Laggy controls and stuttering on the visuals ever second or two. That's with the above internet connection.

It feels like they could actually get there, for certain types of games, for certain types of player. For me though, I would know it's a flawed way to play. Cancelled immediately.

Comment

Every time the thread gets bumped I genuinely expect to read it's been axed

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              5 ms Ping
                              336.3 MbpsDownload 333.9
                              Tried Hitman. Laggy controls and stuttering on the visuals ever second or two. That's with the above internet connection.

It feels like they could actually get there, for certain types of games, for certain types of player. For me though, I would know it's a flawed way to play. Cancelled immediately.
                              Considering that the average Internet speed in the UK is 35mps it doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                5 ms Ping
                                336.3 MbpsDownload 333.9

You should be getting a way better experience than that with a 5 ms ping - were you playing it in browser? That adds extra lag. I cancelled it after the initial 2 or 3 months (whatever it was) which came with the pro pack but Samurai Showdown was actually surprisingly responsive - I suspect the hardware they're using for their VMs isn't up to the task of running Hitman at a decent framerate.

The controller and 4K chromecast still have a use, but not a chance I'm going to pay £10 a month - so yeah, why hasn't this died yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X