Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Stadia is the worst console ever. The Game.com is just flossing right now. No longer bottom of the table, baby!

Game.com....ACTIVE!!!

Comment

Full widespread Android OEM device compatibility for Stadia should have been ready to go on Day One. It was an absolute no-brainer.

This just smacks of too little too late.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-02-2020, 23:54.

Comment

Google STD was an ill-fitted abbreviation... STD's get around to more people

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Quick reminder - today is likely to be the last day of your included Stadia Pro subscription before Google charges you more money - now is the time to cancel it and forget this awful period in gaming history
          Done! I feel ashamed.... I didn’t even take it out of the box. I ordered the pro and extra controller on a whim/zero research, assuming it had a netflix style business model. What an idiot!

Oh well.

Comment

The pad is not bad and casting from Pixel to the 4K Chromecast works well, so the hardware isn't completely defunct without the subscription or game purchases. In fact, other than reserving a username on Stadia to prevent anyone else grabbing it, the reason I was prepared to at least give it a go is because I knew I'd still get some use out of the hardware regardless.

With any luck, Stadia dying might be enough to kill off game streaming entirely. I've tried so many now and they are all different levels of bad. I gave GeForce Now a go last week as it looked like it had some potential, but it's just as laggy and glitchy as the rest with an added really bad UI.

Comment

More bad news, seems that google has completely misjudged how the indie games market works, it seems they just thought devs would bring there games over on their own as they are currently offering dev's zero incentives to port their game to the Stadia platform. The other issues is with a Lack of games comes a lack of players, with such a small install base developers don't see the platform as financially viable so a lot of indie dev's are ignoring stadia.

Take how Nintendo is currently handling indie dev's there are some really high profile indie games like the untitled goose game that launched first on the switch, that sort of thing doesn't happen without some sort of deal in place, so it would appear that Google really are half arsing their stadia platform. not only are their only 27 games currently available but their massively more expensive on Stadia.

Unless they change how there doing things i don't see them surviving, and thats gonna be massively damaging to the streaming games platform if google cant get it right with there infrastructure then who can?
              Last edited by Lebowski; 12-03-2020, 10:37.

Comment

Read about them opening up a new studio and immediately thought it's like signing up for the dole in advance

Comment

Doom Eternal is not true 4K on Google Stadia, developer id Software has confirmed.Rather, the blistering first-person s…

Stadia disappoints again as Doom Eternal preps for launch having to break its earlier promise to be 4K/60FPS

Comment

This is the last place I would want to play Doom. Its a fast paced shooter being played on something with a threat of dropping connection or having serious lag. No thanks.

Comment

Every time I see this thread appear I’m like oh yeah, this thing exists lol

Comment

Oh yeah? Or do you mean...

Comment

oooof thats harsh..... fair but harsh

Comment

You can get 2 months free on Pro subscription (I imagine you can simply cancel it afterwards). This sub gets you free access to the following...

Destiny 2: The Collection
                            GRID
                            Gylt
                            SteamWorld Dig 2
                            SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
                            Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings
                            Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)
                            Thumper

Comment

Steamworld Dig 2 is awesome.

Thumper is awesome but you cannot play that with any lag...

Does anyone use a Stadia on a regular basis on here?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                                Steamworld Dig 2 is awesome.

Thumper is awesome but you cannot play that with any lag...

Does anyone use a Stadia on a regular basis on here?
                                I have the first Steamworld Dig on PS4 (as a freebie on Plus). I've never played it. I'm gonna download it, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X