Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Pretty sure OnLive got there first.
    I mean out of the new platforms coming in this space this year, but yes OnLive was the original original.

Isn't Amazon also looking at this as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      As i have said before, a streaming service is a great idea. But its only as good as the worst connection speeds.
      For example: As soon as word spreads that when you're playing Doom Eternal, ever few frames it stutters or drops, then people will just play Doom Eternal on a PS5.
      Its not the same as Netflix, in that when the connection stutters or drops i just just restart where I left off. With a game you don't want to have to do that mid game, and I wouldn't want to play if there was any threat at all of completely losing my progress at any moment.
      Not disagreeing although remember local machines are far from perfect now. In both the recent Anthem and The Division 2 demo I had numerous delta errors/disconnects. So whilst I might die in the odd bit of stutter it might not be the case I have to restart the whole mission.

Comment

2019 games lineup leaked!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          I don't for one second think Sony is being overly passive or ignorant of streamings role in the future of gaming. I think it's much more likely that they are aware of the realities of the market and know damned well this is a marathon and not a sprint and it's stupid to go in large on it right now.
          Google is a new entrant though and therefore will have to adopt a different strategy. The hiring of very experience Industry veterans like Phil Harrison and Jade Raymond arguably indicate a certain degree of seriousness given their experience of successfully launching new hardware, studios and IP.

[MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION] - there have been rumours for while Amazon is looking to get into this space.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            I mean out of the new platforms coming in this space this year, but yes OnLive was the original original.

Isn't Amazon also looking at this as well?
            There's been rumours of it yes and I'd be surprised if they weren't looking into it: https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/10/1...or-job-posting

Comment

Seen pictures of input latancy taken from the display booths and in their test environment it's averaging 70 to 100ms.. No thank you.

https://twitter.com/krisgraft/status/1108121139815964673?s=19
              Last edited by Tobal; 20-03-2019, 12:36.

Comment

A Google PR rep tells Kotaku that Google’s Project Stream was able to provide 1080p, 60fps gameplay for users with 25 megabits per second connections. “When Stadia launches later this year, we expect to be able to deliver 4k 60 fps at approximately the same bandwidth requirements,” they said.

Comment

I switched to iPhone because I don’t like or trust Google’s ad based everything. I’m hardly going to start gaming on their platform. No internet, no gaming at all. All servers are currently busy for that game, please join the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    Seen pictures of input latancy taken from the display booths and in their test environment it's averaging 70 to 100ms.. No thank you.

https://twitter.com/krisgraft/status...815964673?s=19
                    That's not that bad. Isn't that actually a lot less than what the 360 controllers delivered? I know I get 140ms when connecting my x360 controller to Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      That's not that bad. Isn't that actually a lot less than what the 360 controllers delivered? I know I get 140ms when connecting my x360 controller to Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        It's way more, but even so, it's in their "test environment."

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          It's way more, but even so, it's in their "test environment."
                          I can see it now.

You're playing the latest big AAA FPS in multiplayer, lining up the game winning sniper headshot, you pull the trigger and...<buffering>

"What the bloody hell!" you cry as your partner walks in crying with laughter and trying to show you the cat video she's watching on Facebook which has caused your connection to dip just enough to fumble the game for you!

#RageAgainstTheStream

Comment

I suppose if you refer to the other systems as:

Nintendo SW
                            Microsoft XBO
                            Sony PS4

Time to adopt the new abbreviation!

Google STD

Comment

Since it’s a streaming platform I thought I would try a 7 day trial of PS Now, had a go on Forbidden Siren, seemed cool, I was playing a PS2 game on PS4 that was being streamed, then my connection shat the bed, graphic quality took a hit I had a bit of lag.

PS Now is actually a great service for Sony, one that they can leverage over Stadia as being one of the first home consoles to utilise game streaming, also it was made better by being able to download the actual file locally (only on certain games of course) which Stadia can never offer because there’s no home hardware.

For me my connection simply wont allow me to enjoy Stadia on the high quality levels they are pushing, its pretty simple really. Google are telling me 1080p 60fps/4k HDR 60fps/8k HDR 120fps in the future, all I can see in my future if I used this service would be sub 720p sub 60fps frustration.

I like the idea but I’m not able to support it or get behind it due to my home connection.

This is my Stadia review, I give it 2 G’s.

Comment

I’ve said it so many times. Dedicated hardware for a dedicated job isn’t going anywhere, ever.

These streaming things might be ok for your average Facebook user wasting time in FarmVille but we wont ever have broadband with good enough bandwidth and latency to replace a console in ever home. Just not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X