Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the greatest RPGs on PC ever released is getting a sequel (and I hadn't heard this was coming at all)

Please don't be awful.

Umm, hopefully the original gets a proper remastered rerelease first otherwise this seems limited in impact

Comment

The first was one of the best games I've ever played (the FPS RPG, not the earlier Masquerade game on PC).

But it was born out of strife and problems, and the mechanics were delicious despite being broken.

I have zero faith a sequel could even compare. Looking at the website they seem to be focussing on story above anything else, meaning the rich depth of the RPG mechanics will probs take a back seat.

It's like when they announced Bioshock as a follow-up to System Shock 2, and it turned out to be a dumbed down bag of turds with as much complexity as Wolfenstein 3D on DOS. No inventory, no micro-management, literally nothing that made SS2 any good.

This is the modern age we live in. Society is regarded as too stupid to handle a game of complexity and depth, so they make it simple and straightforward and lowest common denominator.

Comment

That's largely how I saw the announcement, there's been several games this gen that speak to a similar niche and have struggled and they've always been forced to try and appeal to the wider audiences they need. Bloodlines has a great reputation but it's very old now and very niche, it's nice fans are seeing a revival but I fully expect it will only serve one audience or the other and the fanbase option won't make it survive on sale.

Comment

I adore the original but have no expectations here.

Comment

I found it has a page on GOG already:
            Fight your way through a modern-day Seattle on the brink of an open war as an elder Vampi

There are several gameplay screens.

Notice how none of them show the HUD, or inventory, or stats screen, or levelling up/EXP/skills screen? In fact none of the gameplay shots actually show anything meaningful regarding gameplay?

This is what Bloodlines is supposed to be about:

Comment

It's still early days yet - the trailer did seem more action oriented but it's a 2020 release so I wasn't expecting it to go into huge details.

Fingers crossed that it's going to be a little bit deeper that what's been shown here so far.

Comment

If we're lucky it'll be something on the level of the new Deus Ex games, if not it'll be like Thief.

The trailer looks alright I suppose, I'm not getting any vibes for the original though.

I'm too used to publishers trying to coast on old names tbh.
                Last edited by Cepp; 22-03-2019, 19:55.

Comment

Now aiming second half of 2021 at the earliest

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-half-of-2021
                    Now aiming second half of 2021 at the earliest
                    Didn’t two of the leads on this get canned not that long ago?

Here it is - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ative-director
                    Last edited by huxley; 08-12-2020, 10:50.

Comment

To say that Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is suffering from a rough development cycle would be an understatement. The game has faced multiple delays since its initial reveal, had one of its writers and their content removed from the game following sexual assault allegations, the creative...

Now delayed indefinitely and the entire development team has been removed from the project

Comment

What a mess.

Comment

Dear Esther's developers The Chinese Room will be the ones getting this across the finish line

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Dear Esther's developers The Chinese Room will be the ones getting this across the finish line
                            That’s an interesting choice! I have no skin in the game as I was never bothered by the old games, so coming at this with fresh eyes.

Comment

Quite a strange choice, although I'm sure they'll nail the atmosphere. I really enjoyed their walking simulators Dear Esther and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, but their attempt to create something with more 'game' and interactivity - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - was really quite woeful.

Comment

Working...
                              X