Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding horse dude;

It's also very much worth having the skill upgrade that allows you to attack when grappling. Related to this: it's also very much worth paying attention to when you can grapple.

This also reminds me: having now watched a few people on YouTube playing with English voices; this does not seem like a great option, and I'd recommend switching to Japanese voices unless you really can't bear playing with subs.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Are you using the

firecracker arm

for the horse dude? Makes it manageable and like everyone has been saying, there is only really one strategy that works for any encounter!

Try and kill him before facing Lady B though, she is the tougher of the two I think.
      I have the

firecracker arm

but his weapon sweeps/slashes are really draining my health. I think I should be deflecting them but my timing is too late.

I do have the

grappling slash skill

as well but I don't think I'm using it to best affect.
      Bought all the coin purses I can but frustrating losing a lot of my coins when I keep on getting defeated!

Comment

I'm at the last boss and hes handed me my Arse a few times, I've also got him on the back foot via deflects and being aggressive too so am making progress, it feels like if i can get him to the last phase with a decent bank of health i can take him down, his health pool is ridiculous though and it really dose feel like your being punished by going through a phase one sub boss over and over.

A check point system or a once he's beaten hes gone (like mini bosses) would make a lot more sense to me and be far more respectful of your time, its not a hard fight its just another tedious hoop to jump though considering how long this fight can take.

i probably could of finished this earlier but wanted to wrap up all the hidden bosses and headless as I'm not sure my gaming backlog will let me jump back in for new game plus.

Comment

Had my first frustrating session on this yesterday hunting for mini bosses in the Ashina Reservoir.

Don't know why but both

Seven shades of Spear lad

and the

Lone Purple Headed Warrior

both handed my arse to me about three times in a row.

The only valuable thing I did was to explore a bit, bank some skill points and find the

Black Badger

I do have a question though, I thought I bought a combat art from a vendor on a piece of paper, do I need to activate that at a Buddha statue?

Comment

It doesn't explain it well but to unlock new attacks you need to spend you skill points at an idol, once you hit a full level of xp it locks in place and can't be lost so keep an eye on your xp as its pretty annoying to loose half a nearly full bar by stumbling into a boss encounter unprepared, its the same with coin too don't hang on to big amounts of coin change them into coin purses or spirit emblems as these things cant be lost. certain combat arts need to be selected in your menu too as you get attacks that can only be used one at a time these normally bind to l1 and r1 too.

Both the above fights need to be learnt, the purple guy wont let you heals and is super fast but pretty much every move can be countered, you can get the drop on him too to take one of his health bars. go a bit further up the path and you will be above him. once you learn his attacks hes a pushover, likewise the spear lad is very easily shut down with a mikiri counter. learn the timing and attack patterns of these two and counter everything.

Comment

Yeah I think I was rushing.

I knew you had to lock in skill points for the usual skill tree but I must have forgotten about combat arts...

For reference I'm talking about the Anti Air Death Blow
              Last edited by ItsThere; 30-04-2019, 09:33.

Comment

Anti-Air is passive.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Anti-Air is passive.
                  Ah, I had no idea... Not everything is properly explained it seems.

Comment

Yeah I think I was rushing.

I knew you had to lock in skill points for the usual skill tree but I must have forgotten about combat arts...

For reference I'm talking about the Anti Air Death Blow
                    ahh yeah its a passive ability some enemy's hang in the air and you will see a red dot appear to let you get a death blow in. its very situational and there are only a few enemy's that this move will work on.

Comment

Ah, I had no idea... Not everything is properly explained it seems.
                      You only generally use Anti-Air against a certain style of enemy. I think I’ve only ever done it once; by accident.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Finally finished this last night i took a break from banging my head against the

sword saint

and did a few more sub bosses and mopped up some headless, and when i came back it all seemed to click into place. absolutely spanked him had a ton of healing and revives left and finished him in the most bad ass way possible with a

lightning reversal

I think i may play through again for the different endings, how much harder is new game+

Comment

Having completed Sekiro several times now, and replayed the bosses literally hundreds more, I was hungry for another heavily Japanese themed combat game to try. So I went with Nioh. Oh dear. I was hoping this time it was going to be different, but this is another in a long line of games that try to ape Dark Souls, but whose developers clearly do not understand Dark Souls at all. It's a gold-standard example of how not to make a Dark Souls type game. Don't make the same mistake I did guys.

Comment

I’m playing nioh at the moment and enjoying it quite a bit. What parts don’t you like?

Comment

I liked Nioh as well, but I'm not very good at it. Certainly a lot better than Dark souls

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                                Having completed Sekiro several times now, and replayed the bosses literally hundreds more, I was hungry for another heavily Japanese themed combat game to try. So I went with Nioh. Oh dear. I was hoping this time it was going to be different, but this is another in a long line of games that try to ape Dark Souls, but whose developers clearly do not understand Dark Souls at all. It's a gold-standard example of how not to make a Dark Souls type game. Don't make the same mistake I did guys.
                                Nioh is incredible. It has the best combat out of any of this style of game. I much prefer it to Sekiro if I’m honest.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X