User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chopemon View Post
    I think they get stuck repeating dialogue if they have the dragonrot. I couldn't progress an NPC quest until I healed dragonrot and then he stopped his repeating dialogue and got on with it.
    hes not coiffing i needed an item to advance him which i hadn't picked up yet silly me

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I'm about half way through the game and feel like some serious farming is required if i want to fill out the skill tree before the game's end. I've found Sign posting is big issue at present, there are so many ways to go and so many dead ends that its really easy to miss stuff or not find that a path isn't a dead end, I've also died a few times to bosses that i can encounter but shouldn't be tackling yet.

It's also easy to **** up parts of the npc quests too, take the crying large monk on the mountain I've brought both his flowers back to him but didn't tell him to move on after giving him the first, he now says the same bit of dialogue over and over.
    I can tell you right now, Iím on NG+3 and I was still grinding skills this morning.
    You get to the point where itís 80,000 xp for 1 level.

Had a good 4 hours on this last night and made a tonne of progress - something like 5 or 6 bosses downed, some of which I was expecting (based on what I've read here and elsewhere) to be much more significant roadblocks. That's good! That's also not to say that some of those hadn't been utterly stomping me for hours previously, before getting an upgrade or two.

What I'm now starting to worry about are the questlines and NPCs. I've read absolutely nothing about any of these things, most characters are now blighted with dragonrot, and I'm not sure when is a good time to look at healing folks (I've just horded the items for this so far), what I need to do to see as much content as possible, etc. If anyone has any reasonably spoiler-free tips to share that would be appreciated.

There are 17 healing tears you can get in the game so there should be more than enough to get you through all the NPC quest lines. I'm currently sat on a load and have a clean bill of health for my npcs for quite a bit, despite taking on a few bosses, its like somethings clicked and i'm dying a lot less on bosses so not falling foul of the dragon rot issues.

Didn't get to play much over the weekend, but I did have an incredibly representative experience of: finding a new boss, being incredibly surprised at getting the first deathblow... and then the second! First time, woo! But... that seemed too easy... so of course, here comes the cutscene, the actual second phase, and my entire ass getting handed to me.

Spent some more time and I'm much more in the flow of things now; while I don't want to curse myself, I definitely feel like this section of the game is far more forgiving than the start.

Have some relatively minor complaints around things like the music, and the re-use of generals, but I'm also still very much into the combat and the move away from stressing over the finer points of build types and stat distribution.

Should have quite a lot of time to throw at this over the long weekend, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this, although admittedly I'm not very far in at all

(I just beat the Blazing Bull).

Generals and Bosses seem to switch from being too darn hard to being ludicrously easy when you get the 'trick' or when you get an AI fluke in your favour. As an example of the former, I beat

the Butterly Grandma by keeping her on the ground through chancing on the right combat art, which I spammed without a break through both her phases. Once or twice she managed to get up in the air but a quick shuriken brought her down again and then my spamming re-commenced.

As an example of an AI fluke, I was trying to aggro and pick-off the guards around

Juzhou the Drunkard but somehow ended up aggroing him alone while the rest of the crew stayed stock still, so I ran to the pond, got the NPC involved, and we battered him at the water's edge while his entire guard looked on doing nothing.

Neither of these felt like a satisfying victory.

Not much keen on the resurrect mechanic. It seems much too fussy when combined with the way you may or may not lose some of your coins and XP depending on your divine blessing ratio which depends on whether/how many people are cursed through the very act/frequency of your resurrections. For a game that is meant to do away with the RPG fussiness of the previous games, this feels like a fudge. I preferred the simpler Souls/Borne system where you get one chance to reclaim the lot.

Stealth is rather clunky, I find. He's one loud ninja! Aerial traversal looks and feels great even though it is limited to a few signposted grapple routes. When the route isn't available, though, but you still clearly need or want to get up on top of a building, you have to jump and grab in rather a clumsy fashion.

Other have commented on the music. I feel it's disappointing too. It seems mostly to serve as an indicator of enemy awareness states, moving through registers as they go from unaware to yellow to red, and doesn't do much else. Nor does it come alive much in boss battles, unlike the Souls/Borne games.

I'm a total nerd for this period of Japanese history and architecture and folklore and the Onimusha games are among my favourites, so I love the setting and art design here. I think it's the best looking game From have made, from the detailed character models to the environment, so I hope I can get over my slightly ambivalent relationship with the game to see more of it. Otherwise I'll be pinning my hopes for some feudal Japanese tourism on the Ghost of Tsushima, I think, if it's not sacrilegious to say such a thing.
    Last edited by Golgo; 23-04-2019 at 06:55 PM.

The main appeal for me, having completed a few NG/NG+ runs, are the boss fights. I think they are utterly sublime. I don't play many fighting games, but I've never played a game with such intricate and satisfyingly designed boss fights. I love fighting them so much that I made different save states for each of the bosses, so I can fight them whenever I want. I wish From had included an option to fight any of the bosses in any of the arenas. Would have made a great game-completion unlockable. Excluding 1-on-1 fighters, do other games exist with combat as satisfying as Sekiro? I'd love to know, if such a thing exists.

Quote Originally Posted by bcass View Post
    The main appeal for me, having completed a few NG/NG+ runs, are the boss fights. I think they are utterly sublime. I don't play many fighting games, but I've never played a game with such intricate and satisfyingly designed boss fights. I love fighting them so much that I made different save states for each of the bosses, so I can fight them whenever I want. I wish From had included an option to fight any of the bosses in any of the arenas. Would have made a great game-completion unlockable. Excluding 1-on-1 fighters, do other games exist with combat as satisfying as Sekiro? I'd love to know, if such a thing exists.
    Tried God Hand on ps2? Utterly bonkers game where you can spank cowboys into space but such great fighting mechanics.

Yeah, I've heard of it. One of those games I've been meaning to play for years now.