No announcement yet.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to save this for when I get a new GPU then.

Comment

I don't think you *need* a 1080 Ti to run it perfectly, that's just the GPU I have.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
        I don't think you *need* a 1080 Ti to run it perfectly, that's just the GPU I have.
        Any reason why you are locking it at 60? I guess that card can run it over that?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
          Any reason why you are locking it at 60? I guess that card can run it over that?
          I think that's the max fps on the PC version.

Comment

I actually prefer Lameborne to Knockiro. It’s infuriating at the best of times, and just plain unfair all of the other times. The step dodge is useless when enemy lock-on completely negates it. This Butterfly chick is bordering on impossible too. There is literally zero margin for error.

Souls is enjoyably difficult as you learn as you go. This game is just a prick as it seems that there is only one way to defeat an enemy and unless you can perfect that method, you can never win.

It’s just not enjoyable to play I find. Nothing about it is fun. It’s annoying because I feel like I should be good at it because of Souls/Nioh, but it gives me a sense of dread more so than Alien: Isolation. I never feel confident. Even the minions can **** you up in seconds. I was seconds away from putting the DS4 right through my TV, it’s that unbearable to play. You think you have a strategy down; run to the boss because killing the minions for the eleventy millionth tine is boring as ****, and then you die in a second because of, well I don’t really know what.

Judging by by the amount of copies on eBay and in CEX, I don’t think I’m alone in my dislike of this game.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
              It can, but I'm playing on a big TV, not a monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                I think that's the max fps on the PC version.
                An unofficial patch is already available to unlock the frame rate on PC.

Comment

I'm probably way earlier on than everyone, but so far I'm loving it. I'm finding the movement incredibly refreshing - not just the grapple, but actually being able to jump and move at speed. I'm enjoying combat quite a bit on the back of this, though I'm still yet to work out exactly what the best approach is for larger areas. The AI seems far more competent than in a lot of their past games, and picking off enemies one by one seems tricky given how loudly and messily that tends to happen.

One thing I am not enjoying so far - the abundance of pop-up messages, and the volume of text in them.

Comment

I'm liking it. Although it's very difficult to indulge in rock-paper-scissors QTE gameplay when I have Dante sat here being neglected.

Comment

I played the opening area last night and have a few thoughts on it but it's definitely worth bearing in mind the view and approach I have to FROM games these days.

Which is:
                      FROM's Souls/Borne games are bad games

Incendiary line for many. However, after five games of this mould I've found each one has cemented the view more and more. The issue? More than anything they play like utter haggard tripe. Much along the line that Asura suggests, they fight against you more than with you and border on having no fun to them at all. I find the games don't actually play well, they're like old relics that dance on a line of being hard but just shy of being too hard to progress with meaning players get a rush of accomplishment when they pass a hurdle but the same would be true of most games if you crank the hardness up and make yourself commit, it means you're committed more than it does the game is good. What FROM did excel in though was word building, I can't be bothered playing the clunky gameplay yet every time I get suckered in because they make genuinely compelling environments that are simply fun to experience.

Sekiro's main appeal is finally seeing the combat get step up but what becomes immediately clear is... it exposes even more how dated everything else is. They've tried to rebalance things to account for it but it makes the game a bit of an ugly step child like others have suggested, offering neither the restained attempt at cohesion the Soulsborne games try or the level of responsive action Gaiden etc offer. There's the stealth element in this which was a curious addition but it took very little time to realise this is PS1/PS2 era stealth.

In the last 15 minutes I did what I did with Dark Souls 3 and cracked on a trainer, treating the game like a beat em up action game and it immediately became more fun platforming around building and cliffs whilst tackling groups of enemies, able to take in the environment more. I'll see how I fare, I don't mind the setting though Souls settings appeal more, but otherwise it's the same old underneath.

Comment

Strongly Disagree re: Souls games. They play absolutely beautifully IMO. Everything is very deliberate, which flies in the face of games like DMC and Bayonetta with stuff happening at hyper speed (I like both styles, but prefer Souls). Not a fan of Bloodborne though, or Dark Souls 2, but Demon's, DS and DS3 are all stellar.

Comment

Yeah, I don’t agree with that re Souls games. You’re certainly not alone, I’ve heard similar IRL and on the web many times, but there is a grain of truth in the ‘git gud’ taunts. Once you’ve practised with them - and I’m no ace mega gamer, I’m actually quite bad at games - they do click and become immensely enjoyable. Everything is genuinely dangerous, and combined with the risk/reward structure, there’s a unique thrill to playing them.

Should add, I’ve only played DS3, but I adored it. It took me 80 hours to beat, which I don’t think is unreasonable (and compared to how quickly people can do it, shows how bad at it I am!).

Comment

I've loved every souls game (including DS2). I love the atmosphere and exploration in these games. Sekiro is my biggest want, but I secretly wish it was DS4

Comment

Biggest want is sad when all I won’t to do I put it in the bin, I think after the weekend I’m done with this , never played such a unfair game , and have really tried to embrace it but it’s just not for me and I loved bloodbourne and dark souls to a point , it’s just this is to frustrating.

Comment

Put it in Zaki's bin.
                                Win/win.

Comment

Working...
                                X