Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Speaking of bosses/generals:

The generals seem to switch stances during fights which will dictate what red kanji move they will perform. When holding up their weapons this means they will go for a sweep attack, which is countered with the Enemy Step dive kick thing. With lowered weapons they will be going for thrust/lunge attacks, so get ready to parry (or Mikiri Counter). I'm not sure what can guarantee triggering grabs yet, but they don't seem to stem from the thrust attack stance so far.

Also, some attacks seem to trigger based off of range. It's as if they've lifted the Jeanne template from Bayo - so depending on how far away you're standing you can bait them into performing a particular red kanji move which you can easily counter. Although I'm not 100% on this yet.

I'm not a fan of the red kanji, actually. NG should remove them.
    The red kanji is annoying. It should be two different colours so you know what’s coming.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      The red kanji is annoying. It should be two different colours so you know what’s coming.
      What I find funny is how it must surely be massively condescending for Japanese players. What does it actually say? "Attack incoming!!"?

Also yeah, the dodge doesn't seem to work too well against anything other than grab. A major peeve of mine right now is how telegraphed attacks lock-on to the player avatar. The ogres will commit to a smash move, you roll out of the way yet their animation pivots with your evade. That's proper bollocks. You should be able to dodge them but the game forces you to subscribe to rock, paper, scissors.

Comment

The Chained Ogre is exactly why I think the step dodge is rubbish. His attacks lock-on so in theory it forces you to use the Flame Vent instead of dodging, which I’d prefer.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just cheesed him by repeatedly using the sliding move to get behind him for free hits. He has trouble turning.

Comment

I cheesed the Ogre by keeping the run button held down constantly through the entire fight. Didn't have to dodge once.

Has anyone defeated Madam Butterfly yet? I've been stuck on her for several hours now. I can get to phase two, but only by dodging all her attacks, and punishing with 1 or 2 hits when her combos are exhausted. It feels like I'm doing it wrong, but get nowhere trying to parry/block.

Comment

Just gone off this game completely, The doge move is crap and the lock on a joke at times. I was meant to have been locked on to an enemy only for him to push me go on screen and then kills me with an off-screen attack.

This game isn't fun at all and I'm quite amazing at it getting 9.5 in the likes of IGN. I have to say I found Nioh better and I hate the use of RB, LB for attacks and blocking (yes I know one can edit control)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                I have to say I found Nioh better
                It's early days but I preferred the combat in Nioh. I guess this was always gong to control like a From game though.

Comment

I have spent Friday and Saturday on it and to sum it up, I just don’t like it , I’m really dissapointed in it , I have no issues with games being hard, but 6 hours on a boss means I just can’t be bothered anymore , this game would break me and for the whole idea of a video games is it’s fun

this is not my idea of fun .and I agree the combat just isn’t a patch on Nioh .

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    It's early days but I preferred the combat in Nioh. I guess this was always gong to control like a From game though.
                    I was hoping for a hardcore Ninja game with swords and a nice spin on the likes of Ninja Gaiden. All I got was Dark Souls in all but name and game with a lesser combat system than Nioh, terrible AI and a broken lock on system, not even the GFX are that good imo.

Its not just hard, it's unfair and sometimes you have battles with too many AI, that you have no hope of winning .
                    I guess its another game for my nephew to borrow now lol .

Comment

I’m on the pro and the frame rate is ok , saw my son play it last night on base PS4 it’s horrible, the graphics would be forgivable if the game was good, and I’m with you it’s not just hard it’s far to unfair for the player for my liking.

Comment

Anyone playing on PC have any impressions?

Comment

I can’t be chowed with Souls games. They take too much time investment that I don’t have.

This looked amazing in trailers. My type of setting, completely. Then I realised it was by From.

My heart sank. More hardcore stuff I don’t have time to get to the point of enjoying.

Maybe this would be different? More of a Tenchu/Onimusha/God of War effort?

You lads have put that thought to bed. It sounds like a crap version of a game I’m crap at anyway. Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            Anyone playing on PC have any impressions?
                            I'm playing on PC. At a locked 60fps it's amazing. I think it also looks gorgeous. As usual with From, it's all about style, not high poly counts. Makes me want Bloodborne at 60fps even more now.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                              I'm playing on PC. At a locked 60fps it's amazing. I think it also looks gorgeous. As usual with From, it's all about style, not high poly counts. Makes me want Bloodborne at 60fps even more now.
                              Which graphics card do you have?

I've still got a GTX 780, which I'm worried can't maintain 60fps at 1080p anymore

Comment

I have a 1080 Ti.

Comment

Working...
                                X