Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Respect to anyone who can tame this game 
    Damn right! I tapped out permanently in the castle section shortly after the bull.

Comment

Perseverance counts for a lot! I'm sure some of the harder bosses ahead will test my resolve though.

Also that youtuber someone mentioned a few pages back is a great help even if I don't use his strats it makes me think about my strategy and possibilities. Plus frankly he is bloody hilarious, worth a watch just for the laughs.

Comment

I used Sekiro Guru a few times as well for my own play through, cracked me up also.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
          I used Sekiro Guru a few times as well for my own play through, cracked me up also.
          Their where often multiple ways to beat the bosses. Take the bull for instance it had a trick mechanic where you could parry its charge and force it into a stamina kill and skip its second phase it really made you feel like a boss getting the parry timing down. you could also, stun him out of his charge with fire crackers to startle him, and if you couldn't get the parry timing or didnt have fire crackers you could dodge his charges and hit him from behind.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 25-06-2021, 08:10.

Comment

I regularly come back to this game to fight some of the bosses. On my first play-through (on PC) I made backups of my saves at each boss so I could replay them at any point. Favourites include Gyoubu, Genichiro, Owl, Owl Father, Lady Butterfly, Ape and Sword Saint. I haven't attempted the Inner boss variants in the free DLC yet. The original boss-fights were so well designed, I don't think I want to spoil them by playing these new variants.

Comment

Good riddance Great Shinobi Owl!

Comment

^ Oof spoke too soon, V2 is kicking my ARSE!

Comment

1st playthrough done! 3 more to go!! Wow I was shaking on the last boss.

What a game.

NG+ so far is a breeze though only done the first 3 mini bosses so far. I've done what took me about 5 hours or so in 30 mins; almost up to old lady I actually can't remember how I beat her last time so it will be interesting My decision to do everything possible on the first run is paying off I can afford to skip headlesses mini bosses etc if I want to.

Comment

Your enthusiasm is making me want to give this another go. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                      Your enthusiasm is making me want to give this another go. Glad you’re enjoying it.
                      Yeah me too. If you have any tips how not to suck and get royally frustrated at it [MENTION=4146]Finsbury Girl[/MENTION], I'd love to hear 'em.

Comment

Yeah I'm absolutely loving it ; Don't get me wrong I've had LOTS of rage moments

I think the reason is this: normally in Souls games I treasure my souls & play with that in mind ; I HATE dying in Souls.

Attitude counts for a lot - In this game I have embraced dying, the checkpoints are really fair and they are generally right next to bosses so I have stopped caring about dying. However having said that, I ensure that if I have a skill point nearly full. I will go an grind until it's banked first. That's the only concession to the mechanic that I make.

Also I've found the game loves you to be aggressive ; I think the parry/deflect is reasonably generous ; I've really noticed in this playthrough the game rewards risk taking ie getting up close and deflecting. I've now done Genichiro, Lady Butterfly and Ape in this playthrough and I've played them differently this time around (plus as I've played a lot I'm naturally better and less prone to panic).

I am still dying a lot!! But the feeling of beating these bosses is worth it!! It's a horrible cliché but practice and repetition do work.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on prioritizing practice on parry/deflect and banking a skill point. More generally I think that's a good mindset you mention, to accept the dying as part of the game. Funnily I've managed that in other Soulsborne games and the certainty of dying turns them then into a pretty chill experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                            Yeah I'm absolutely loving it ; Don't get me wrong I've had LOTS of rage moments

I think the reason is this: normally in Souls games I treasure my souls & play with that in mind ; I HATE dying in Souls.

Attitude counts for a lot - In this game I have embraced dying, the checkpoints are really fair and they are generally right next to bosses so I have stopped caring about dying. However having said that, I ensure that if I have a skill point nearly full. I will go an grind until it's banked first. That's the only concession to the mechanic that I make.

Also I've found the game loves you to be aggressive ; I think the parry/deflect is reasonably generous ; I've really noticed in this playthrough the game rewards risk taking ie getting up close and deflecting. I've now done Genichiro, Lady Butterfly and Ape in this playthrough and I've played them differently this time around (plus as I've played a lot I'm naturally better and less prone to panic).

I am still dying a lot!! But the feeling of beating these bosses is worth it!! It's a horrible cliché but practice and repetition do work.
                            i have to admit i did the same when close to a skill point it kind of forced you into doing this as the prospect of loosing half your souls everytime you died with no way to recover them is quite harsh. Really need to go back and replay this as i loved the setting and lore of this game.

Comment

So I picked this up again recently and have spent the last two weeks really trying to click with it. Mostly, I have. I’ve defeated all but two of the bosses and mini bosses (including the headless), levelled up to max for NG, unlocked pretty much all of the skills and really got into the game’s style and flow. Combat is so satisfying.

But I’m not quite good enough. I cheesed a couple of the bosses because I got frustrated with multiple deaths, and I can’t finish the last two (Owl in Hirata and Sword Saint Isshin) at all. It’s been enjoyable, but I really miss the Soulsborne way of learning a boss by helping / being helped by others until you’ve got it down. Those games made me feel like I was a good gamer; Sekiro toyed with me but eventually slapped me down. 83 hours and out.

Comment

Have come back to complete my last few trophies left and WOW I am getting absolutely smashed

I have lost all my muscle memory and it is taking me a while to get back into it. It doesn't help that I have picked up at the final boss on NG+.

I guess I have to just git gud I suppose

Comment

Working...
                                X