No announcement yet.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you get versed in the first form you’ll start to sit in top of him and actually bust his posture way before his health.

Did you find the optional demon fight? Very souls like fight that one, actually reminded me of Manus

Comment

I haven’t yet. Maybe I should go for him first? Does he drop a memory?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

He does indeed. That’s what I’ll do then. Attack Power 12/Vitality 19 should make it a lot easier. I just want to get onto NG+ now.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’m on a last little clean-up mission to farm for the Phantom Kunai and the last piece of the mask, so I can over-level my attack power.

I could really spend time to max out all skills, but it’s hella boring and somewhat dangerous. XP farming is quick, but it’s around 20k a bar now. I’m going for the mask, which I can then use to raise my AP three times, then the Demon boss for another upgrade; and then, I’ll be able to destroy Isshin I reckon.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Fair play to those who've mastered this game. With the Souls games I found a using a mix of power-levelling and mad skillz generally got me by. Re-doing the levels was fast and yielded what you needed to power-up and tip the balance. Sekiro isn't quite like that. While you do save up for things that make you tougher it's far more of a grind. The game wants/demands that you get skilled or go home. I admire what it's doing but I'm not sure I'm actually enjoying it. I've been chipping away at it and maybe that's the wrong way. I think you really need to fully immerse, 100% commitment, and I haven't got that in me right now (having too much fun playing other games at prez).

I'm not done with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Fair play to those who've mastered this game. With the Souls games I found a using a mix of power-levelling and mad skillz generally got me by. Re-doing the levels was fast and yielded what you needed to power-up and tip the balance. Sekiro isn't quite like that. While you do save up for things that make you tougher it's far more of a grind. The game wants/demands that you get skilled or go home. I admire what it's doing but I'm not sure I'm actually enjoying it. I've been chipping away at it and maybe that's the wrong way. I think you really need to fully immerse, 100% commitment, and I haven't got that in me right now (having too much fun playing other games at prez).

I'm not done with it though.
              I tested this on PC the other day. Got 60fps with my old GTX 780 on high settings. Played for an hour and stopped - so much going on at the moment. I didn't want to ruin the experience with 30 minutes a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                I tested this on PC the other day. Got 60fps with my old GTX 780 on high settings. Played for an hour and stopped - so much going on at the moment. I didn't want to ruin the experience with 30 minutes a day.
                Oh dear. It's not going to get any easier - especially when he starts running around. Expect your 30 minutes to diminish further.

It's all worth it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  I’m on a last little clean-up mission to farm for the Phantom Kunai and the last piece of the mask, so I can over-level my attack power.

I could really spend time to max out all skills, but it’s hella boring and somewhat dangerous. XP farming is quick, but it’s around 20k a bar now. I’m going for the mask, which I can then use to raise my AP three times, then the Demon boss for another upgrade; and then, I’ll be able to destroy Isshin I reckon.
                  Yea, I thought about maxing skills but moved on to NG+.
                  TBH, it’s not something you can do right away. Normal guys on NG+ give about 300xp a shot, which is a lot less than what I could get for farming the end of NG. Still eventually I’ll get to the point where it’s worth it to move but it isn’t straight away.

Also when you start NG+ you have an option of taking or declining Kuro’s charm. Letting Kuro keep it makes the game harder. I did this and it was brutal. Blocking attacks still does damage as well as the enemies doing more (ogre’s grabs would 1 shot me, even with full health).

So I’ve bailed on that. It is possible to still accept the charm but once you do that’s it for the whole playthrough.

Your parrying needs to be exceptional to tackle the game without the charm.

Really enjoyed tackling some of the early bosses again. You can definitely see the way they’re trying to teach you about fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                    Yea, I thought about maxing skills but moved on to NG+.
                    TBH, it’s not something you can do right away. Normal guys on NG+ give about 300xp a shot, which is a lot less than what I could get for farming the end of NG. Still eventually I’ll get to the point where it’s worth it to move but it isn’t straight away.

Also when you start NG+ you have an option of taking or declining Kuro’s charm. Letting Kuro keep it makes the game harder. I did this and it was brutal. Blocking attacks still does damage as well as the enemies doing more (ogre’s grabs would 1 shot me, even with full health).

So I’ve bailed on that. It is possible to still accept the charm but once you do that’s it for the whole playthrough.

Your parrying needs to be exceptional to tackle the game without the charm.

Really enjoyed tackling some of the early bosses again. You can definitely see the way they’re trying to teach you about fighting.
                    In my current farm area, I'm getting 1058xp per kill. I'll stick at it for a while I reckon. I'm having trouble with both Isshin and the Demon of Hatred, so I may as well level up a bit to help out there.

That NG+ thing sounds brutal! I'll be accepting that charm for sure. Ha!
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 03-04-2019, 13:01.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Some kind of bug perhaps? The enemies that drop the last two prayer beads are not spawning. I’m only able to get 38 beads, which sucks. The one who drops the last memory isn’t spawning either.

I’m having real trouble beating Genichiro for some reason now too for some reason. Mikiri Counter keeps making me run forward straight into his attack. Time I get to Isshin, I’m as good as dead.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Some kind of bug perhaps? The enemies that drop the last two prayer beads are not spawning. I’m only able to get 38 beads, which sucks. The one who drops the last memory isn’t spawning either.

I’m having real trouble beating Genichiro for some reason now too for some reason. Mikiri Counter keeps making me run forward straight into his attack. Time I get to Isshin, I’m as good as dead.
                        Have you tried going back to the undead swordsman at the dilapidated temple?
                        The shrine next to him holds things that you can no longer obtain.

Comment

Phantom Kunai is the only thing in there.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't understand this. There's no power fantasy in this game. It's not dark souls. There's no concept of "over-leveling". It's the only thing I don't like about it. I was hoping I could go into NG+ as an over-leveled monster, but it isn't possible. You can go into the Sword Saint fight with 99 attack power, and if you don't know how to do the fight, you will be demolished, promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              The game wants/demands that you get skilled or go home. I admire what it's doing but I'm not sure I'm actually enjoying it.
                              As I said in my previous post, there's no power fantasy in this game. You either learn it, fully, or you will be mocked, thoroughly. I've been playing games since the early 80s, and I've never seen a game demand so much from the player. That From would go from Dark Souls to this, shows immense courage (from the developer). The shear gall on display here is astonishing. I'm at the last few bosses on a 120+ hour run of all bosses, and I have had my ass handed to me like never before. You can either crawl away from that in defeat, or you can stand up to the immense challenge,
                              Last edited by bcass; 04-04-2019, 02:09.

Comment

Oh, bcass, your alive

Comment

Working...
                                X