User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Yeah I'm absolutely loving it ; Don't get me wrong I've had LOTS of rage moments

I think the reason is this: normally in Souls games I treasure my souls & play with that in mind ; I HATE dying in Souls.

Attitude counts for a lot - In this game I have embraced dying, the checkpoints are really fair and they are generally right next to bosses so I have stopped caring about dying. However having said that, I ensure that if I have a skill point nearly full. I will go an grind until it's banked first. That's the only concession to the mechanic that I make.

Also I've found the game loves you to be aggressive ; I think the parry/deflect is reasonably generous ; I've really noticed in this playthrough the game rewards risk taking ie getting up close and deflecting. I've now done Genichiro, Lady Butterfly and Ape in this playthrough and I've played them differently this time around (plus as I've played a lot I'm naturally better and less prone to panic).

I am still dying a lot!! But the feeling of beating these bosses is worth it!! It's a horrible cliché but practice and repetition do work.

Thanks for the tips on prioritizing practice on parry/deflect and banking a skill point. More generally I think that's a good mindset you mention, to accept the dying as part of the game. Funnily I've managed that in other Soulsborne games and the certainty of dying turns them then into a pretty chill experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    Yeah I'm absolutely loving it ; Don't get me wrong I've had LOTS of rage moments

I think the reason is this: normally in Souls games I treasure my souls & play with that in mind ; I HATE dying in Souls.

Attitude counts for a lot - In this game I have embraced dying, the checkpoints are really fair and they are generally right next to bosses so I have stopped caring about dying. However having said that, I ensure that if I have a skill point nearly full. I will go an grind until it's banked first. That's the only concession to the mechanic that I make.

Also I've found the game loves you to be aggressive ; I think the parry/deflect is reasonably generous ; I've really noticed in this playthrough the game rewards risk taking ie getting up close and deflecting. I've now done Genichiro, Lady Butterfly and Ape in this playthrough and I've played them differently this time around (plus as I've played a lot I'm naturally better and less prone to panic).

I am still dying a lot!! But the feeling of beating these bosses is worth it!! It's a horrible cliché but practice and repetition do work.
    i have to admit i did the same when close to a skill point it kind of forced you into doing this as the prospect of loosing half your souls everytime you died with no way to recover them is quite harsh. Really need to go back and replay this as i loved the setting and lore of this game.