No announcement yet.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's the actual firecracker explosion that kills you. Owl (Father) does a sword swipe if you get caught in it - that's what kills you. If you back up slightly when he uses the firecracker so his sword doesn't hit you, the firecracker itself takes something like 10% of your health.

Comment

Boo yah.

After a good 30 attempts I finally cracked him even though I used a bunch of my items getting there.

Really had to learn him and how to dodge, parry, strike back and punish. I was mad on adrenaline by the time I took him down.

I am glad that is over.

Comment

I went back, gave up again. Game's too hard. You guys are either superhuman or insane.

Comment

Owl is one of the easiest bosses in the game for me. It’s nuts how everyone has different experiences with this.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Owl is one of the easiest bosses in the game for me. It’s nuts how everyone has different experiences with this.
            Weird isn't it. I went to try the last boss and the first time I did it I took off two health bars then bottled it. Had fatigue so stopped after I started losing.

Feels much more manageable in terms of damage output and posture breaking so far. Will have to crush him later.

Comment

First playthrough and "best" ending achieved. I obviously researched some of the steps involved in that because this is still a From title and therefore obscure as all hell in terms of steps you need to take to affect endings.

I estimate I took about ten attempts to finish

Sword Saint

so overall not as bad as

Owl Father

for me.

I have watched a few videos from this player called Tyranicon, who calls himself the Sekiro Guru. I found them to be helpful in terms of some strategies I wouldn't have thought of

thank you umbrella and projected force

but the style of his fights doesn't match mine. I tend to find that I need to whittle boss health down to about half and then I revert to my normal counter, mikiri counter style and decimate in no time. The challenge is that they are all powerful enough to punish little mistakes so the concentration required is enormous.

I was too pumped to sleep after I finished that so immediately started NG+. Looking at my trophy list it took me about 35 minutes to achieve what originally took me 3 days

up to smashing horse dude

You go into NG+ as a powerful shinobi and I'm much more comfortable playing around with all the prosthetics that I ignored on the first run through.

The journey to the platinum starts now.

Comment

Had a FUN evening last night mixing things up and took down

Lady Butterfly

first time.

It obviously helps having a maxed out vitality gauge and healing gourd but still. Something that was a real pain point has been learned and it becomes enjoyable in NG+ rather than frustrating.

Hilariously I have

locked myself out of being able to cure Dragon Rot

as I cleared all of

the first Hirata Estate before dying more than once so the old lady died and I couldn't collect her blood!

so it seems that
                is a totally integral part of story progression!

Of all things I got nailed by the

Blazing Bull

probably because I was being cocky. It still hurts to see all that XP go to waste!

Comment

Re: locking yourself out of a thing

It doesn't have to be any specific person's blood you collect. Go get killed a bunch more and get blood off whichever NPC gets rot first.

Comment

Been a while since I have updated this thread but I have knocked off a bit more progress by executing:

Genichiro, Solo ape, screen monkeys, and all the mini-plebs in-between

Getting through it quite nicely but have had a bit less time to play this last week.

I still haven't

died enough

to

cure Dragonrot

so that gives a good indication of how much better you get once you've overcome the first mental hurdle!

It isn't as impactful the second time around though and I think this is one of the areas it is weaker than Dark Souls but I can't quite put my finger on why. The combat is still much more enjoyable but the world is a bit more.... Static.

Comment

Does anyone know whether skill points continue to increase in cost if you are stockpiling and not spending.

Maybe half way through NG+ and I have only accumulated 10 points...

Comment

Can't say for sure, but I don't think so. Even after getting every other trophy, the push for all skills took many, many hours of solid grind.

Comment

That's a pain. I'm wondering whether to spend now, I don't need to but I've heard the grind is bad...

Comment

Spend, don’t save. It’s NG24 or something stupid until you max out.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Has anyone got the platinum yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                                Has anyone got the platinum yet?
                                This guy has, I hear he's also very handsome, and that his breath always smells nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X