Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
    Thanks, I won’t give up yet! Even though I feel like it after another 10 attempts at beating him. If I saw some improvement every time I fight him, like I have with the other bosses and Generals, then it wouldn’t be so bad, but I seem to be getting nowhere with him. I do have Ichimonji so will give that a try. Was trying jumping on him then using Whirlwind Slash but that didn’t work out well. I’m maybe trying to dodge too much, might try jumping away after an attack rather than dodging to the side.
    Genichiro combo deflect is the key.

Tap, Tap... Tap... Tap, Tap, Tap

That's your basic timing

Then punish or dodge and punish.

I wouldn't bother with Ichimonji myself, or whirlwind and NEVER jump. Parry him.

You can do it

Comment

Right, that’s getting tried tonight

Comment

Aaaaand...nope, still couldn’t do it. Went another way and made some good progress, killed a few monks on the way to a temple and a big Armoured Knight mini boss on a bridge. Maybe tonight...

Comment

If you want some boss help tuition and or some cheese tactics check out sekiro guru (tyrannicon) on youtube. Many easy victories can be learned from him.

Comment

Thanks!! Tyrannicon really helped and I managed to beat him Hands were shaking after it right enough and I had to grab the pad quickly during the cut scene, I thought no, not again!

Tyrannicon has an amazing voice over his videos, makes me laugh when I hear it. Will definitely use him again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
              Thanks!! Tyrannicon really helped and I managed to beat him Hands were shaking after it right enough and I had to grab the pad quickly during the cut scene, I thought no, not again!

Tyrannicon has an amazing voice over his videos, makes me laugh when I hear it. Will definitely use him again though.
              Awesome mate! That is a real turning point in the game, if you can take him down you can take them all down.

You're right about tyrannicon too, I watched a fair few of his videos when I was in my Sekiro playthroughs.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any new thoughts on this a year on from release? It's on sale on the PS Store, and I'm tempted to bite at the sub-£40 price. The big questions are:

1) I like Souls/Bloodborne more than just about any modern game. Is this as good in its own way?
                2) Can I grind for levels? In early run-throughs of Soulsborne I relied on others' help for the bosses, but this is single-player, so will I eventually, with practice, patience and a bit of grinding, be able to beat the bosses here?

Comment

I can't go into too many specifics as I didn't get far enough into it before putting it down and walking away ... but I think what the Souls games and Bloodbourne do that Sekiro doesn't is they let you play your own way, tipping the odds here and there to keep you invested. Sekiro felt like it it was forcing you to play it a very specific way, and that brand of combat I just didn't enjoy. I like to learn basics then battle my way, not thinking about which button answers which attack, but more intuitive inputs.

That's my 2 cents. Same with my mate who also loved the other games (he only got the same 4 bronze trophies as me). So its one to approach with caution.

Comment

Thanks. That’s a useful insight. As tempting as it is now, I don’t want to blow £40 on something that will drive me nuts. I’ll wait for a further price drop.

Comment

I had exactly the same experience as Atticus. I couldn't click with the fast parry play style that it demanded. I was really sorry to give up as the game world and atmosphere was as superb as you'd expect from From. Those who managed to click with the play style, though, like lots in this thread, seem to swear by the game.

Comment

Finally bought this on eBay with the help of a voucher for about £23. Played it all day and this evening and... not for me. Maybe I'm getting more impatient as I get older, but I had the same experience as Atticus / Golgo. I couldn't master / didn't feel enough incentive to master the parry mechanic, and it's pretty much essential, and I got fed up after about 10 hours. I really liked the exploration, the grapple mechanic, the stealth kills and the world itself, but I'm selling it on I think.

I loved Demon's Souls, DS1, 2 and 3, and Bloodborne. Didn't love this.

Comment

I was holding out until I managed to get hold of a PS5 to play on 60fps. But with zero chance of me actually getting hold of a console anytime soon I relented and got it on sale.

Am absolutely loving it so far. Yes some very frustrating bosses so far. Am up to the Butterfly lady now only had one go before I had to quit but it looks to be the toughest yet. Beating that Horse mofo though was extremely satisfying

Edit: meant to add am playing on base ps4 and it looks amazing

Comment

Just beat Genchiro boy was that a challenge. Fantastic game so far

Comment

Good bye Mr Giant Ape. Also managed by sheer luck to beat some mini bosses. This game is so, so good. I am worried about the grind for skill points - though am planning on doing 4 playthroughs for the plat so hopefully it will naturally come (if my skill level is good enough!).

Comment

Respect to anyone who can tame this game 👍

Comment

Working...
                                X