Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
    Biggest want is sad when all I won’t to do I put it in the bin, I think after the weekend I’m done with this , never played such a unfair game , and have really tried to embrace it but it’s just not for me and I loved bloodbourne and dark souls to a point , it’s just this is to frustrating.
    If Zen Monkey was still here, do you think he'd probably call it "Suckiro"? *chortle chortle scoff scoff snort*

Comment

It is unbelievably difficult. Not because I'm so well versed with Souls/Bloodborne, but simply because it is viciously difficult. What makes it even more difficult is that, for now, it feels like there are very few ways to defeat bosses. Experimentation will be punished, very severely, 95% of the time. Most of the prosthetics and consumables feel next to useless too when confronting most bosses. I'd guess that this is going to be one of the most traded-in games of all time. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam refunds will be significant too. I'm over 30 hours into the game and would guess that I'm over the half way point. However, considering how difficult bosses are at this point, I think it's going to take me over 100 hours to actually finish it. I've tried to work out all the bosses myself so far, but I can envisage having to consult guides very soon. I'll be very surprised if I do more than one play-through too, although I suspect that From have been working on something alongside this game that we will see within a year.

Comment

I just fired this up again and somewhat strangely totally destroyed the Chained Ogre on my first try. Running instead of dodging seems to be beneficial. I’m determined not to give up on this game, but I hate it more than my sister. Lol
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Honestly this thread is a lot of moaning from people who ARENT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

*backs away*

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Honestly this thread is a lot of moaning from people who ARENT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

*backs away*
            I’m genuinely feeling a little bit of joy seeing people struggle with Sekiro, because a good majority of those people are huge bellends. The type who were always trying to convince people that not enjoying a series of games meant you weren’t good enough to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              I’m genuinely feeling a little bit of joy seeing people struggle with Sekiro, because a good majority of those people are huge bellends. The type who were always trying to convince people that not enjoying a series of games meant you weren’t good enough to play them.
              Controversial. More please

Comment

Eee, Zaki with the popcorn out already

Comment

The chained ogre kicked my Arse over and over its auto targeting grab was really peeing me off as it aggressively tracks you even if you dodge!!! Dodge slightly to early and he will lock on to you and grab you anyway, it wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't that he requires 20-30 hits with pretty much no mistakes.

Despite the issues I'm enjoying it they could of not bothered with bosses for me as its so much fun stalking the levels and taking people out in inventive ways it has that real tenchu vibe though there dose seem to be a few bits that you cant stelth and i think this is a real issue, The combat against most stuff is pretty easy as you get lots of chances and opportunity to recover if you mess things up .
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 25-03-2019, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    Controversial. More please
                    I’m enjoying Sekiro more than any previous soulsborne game.
                    I’ll be telling all the soulsborne people to get gud soon finally becoming what I hate the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                      I’m enjoying Sekiro more than any previous soulsborne game.
                      I’ll be telling all the soulsborne people to get gud soon finally becoming what I hate the most.
                      "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster."

Final boss is yourself, taunting you as he dodges your moves saying "git gud".

Comment

I made some decent progress today. I actually really started getting into it. I cleared a few more bosses to upgrade myself and then got to Lady Butterfly again. I just cannot beat her. I’ve got to the second stage one time in about the past five hours. It’s infuriatingly difficult. I’ve even watch a few videos, but whatever they are doing doesn’t work for me.

**** this game. Again.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Panic averted. Turns out I don’t want to be fighting her yet. Even though I can do the first stage without getting hit now.

It’s kinda clicked now for me. I’ve done everything currently possible in The Division 2, so I’ll be grinding away at this now methinks.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm having my usual progression woes, where I bash my head against things for a while and then later realise another path would've given me an item that would've made the earlier path much easier

Haven't come across anything that I think qualifies for "proper boss" status yet, but plenty of named general types. In most all circumstances, it seems better off trying to pick off surrounding enemies before then getting a stealth deathblow on them, but in some cases that seems easier said than done.

Comment

Making good progress and enjoying the game immensely. I haven't hit any major roadblocks because the game is so good at explaining the mechanics to you.

Near each major boss is a hint and if you follow that you're golden. It's still difficult but the hint shows you an aspect to your skills and arsenal you might not have considered before.

I got stuck on a midboss for a bit last night. I couldn't get the deflect timing right and the area you fight him in is small, making the dodge difficult. I gave him a few tries and reassessed the combat art I had equipped. I tried a new one I'd bought recently and then it was straight down to pain town for him. This midboss inflicts high posture damage and also takes very little. Fortunately, while his attacks are quick, they have a long wind down and some have a long wind up. So I switched to a new combat art that does high posture damage and also recovers your own posture. Destroyed him. Felt so happy having put the pieces together and solved it myself.

Another boss looked like a total untouchable nightmare but some sensible dodging and the right prosthetic tool opened him right up. It was an intense battle and I loved solving the puzzle.

The Lady Butterfy boss that has been mentioned is troublesome for a lot of people but there are some tricks. One particular combat art stun locks her (found out by accident) and while the second phase supposedly requires an item, you can hide behind the pillars and take no hits.

Saying these games are bad or play like "utter haggard tripe" is ridiculous. They are finely crafted, deliberate and considered. They just aren't as frictionless as other games. Everything is placed for a reason and is a deliberate puzzle to solve. The character control is the best in the industry (except maybe MGS5). There's none of this god awful 'cinematic animation' where characters take 20 frames to get going or over shoot where you want them to stop because they need to finish their stepping animation. The character responds when you want him to but you have to commit to every action. Utterly beautiful to play.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                                Making good progress and enjoying the game immensely. I haven't hit any major roadblocks because the game is so good at explaining the mechanics to you.

Near each major boss is a hint and if you follow that you're golden. It's still difficult but the hint shows you an aspect to your skills and arsenal you might not have considered before.

I got stuck on a midboss for a bit last night. I couldn't get the deflect timing right and the area you fight him in is small, making the dodge difficult. I gave him a few tries and reassessed the combat art I had equipped. I tried a new one I'd bought recently and then it was straight down to pain town for him. This midboss inflicts high posture damage and also takes very little. Fortunately, while his attacks are quick, they have a long wind down and some have a long wind up. So I switched to a new combat art that does high posture damage and also recovers your own posture. Destroyed him. Felt so happy having put the pieces together and solved it myself.

Another boss looked like a total untouchable nightmare but some sensible dodging and the right prosthetic tool opened him right up. It was an intense battle and I loved solving the puzzle.

The Lady Butterfy boss that has been mentioned is troublesome for a lot of people but there are some tricks. One particular combat art stun locks her (found out by accident) and while the second phase supposedly requires an item, you can hide behind the pillars and take no hits.

Saying these games are bad or play like "utter haggard tripe" is ridiculous. They are finely crafted, deliberate and considered. They just aren't as frictionless as other games. Everything is placed for a reason and is a deliberate puzzle to solve. The character control is the best in the industry (except maybe MGS5). There's none of this god awful 'cinematic animation' where characters take 20 frames to get going or over shoot where you want them to stop because they need to finish their stepping animation. The character responds when you want him to but you have to commit to every action. Utterly beautiful to play.
                                I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said. Sometimes a bit of reassessment is all that is required to progress. Chara control as you say is perfect just like Souls.

I’m still waiting to face Lady Butterfly. The stun lock doesn’t really work in the second phase I find. I think attack power higher than 2 will really help against her. I’ll come back when I’m feeling tough enough. Although I can now poison enemies, so that might help vanquish her even quicker.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X