Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-turns in themselves aren't a bad thing. I would hope that any government, given conflicting information as to a course of action they're taking would u-turn on that course were it to deliver a better outcome.

The question is whether they were knowingly going in the wrong direction in the first place.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    At the moment I'm inclined to believe he has it.
    I'm not a big believer in conspiracies, on the balance of probablity I'd agree, given he doesn't wear a mask, doesn't social distance, mixes with a lot of people - the risks of infection are high.

However, I would disagree on the benefits. It takes Biden out of the news cycle 30 days from an election. It puts the breaking news and highlights on Trump. There will be wall-to-wall coverage and it gets him out of the next presidential debate in which, regardless of which side you fall on, he came out objectively worse. This would be totally in keeping with the Republican playbook and Cadet Bonespurs.
    Last edited by MartyG; 02-10-2020, 09:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
      Donald Trump is a lot of things, but why do you think he's a white supremacist?
      He's not going to come out and just say "I hate N-words" (and if he did, some people would say "Oh, I admire his honesty and straight-talking", it's his refusal to condemn the actions of White Supremacists.

"There are good people on both sides."

Teenage gunman, Kyle Rittenhouse, would "probably would have been killed" had he not shot two protesters dead.

Are you willing to condemn White Supremacist and militia groups: “Sure, I’m willing to do that...Proud Boys, stand back and stand by, but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what. Somebody's got to do something about AntiFa and the Left, because this is not a Right-Wing problem”

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        He's not going to come out and just say "I hate N-words"
        He has form: https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...ld-trump/?_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          He's not going to come out and just say "I hate N-words" (and if he did, some people would say "Oh, I admire his honesty and straight-talking", it's his refusal to condemn the actions of White Supremacists.

"There are good people on both sides."

Teenage gunman, Kyle Rittenhouse, would "probably would have been killed" had he not shot two protesters dead.

Are you willing to condemn White Supremacist and militia groups: “Sure, I’m willing to do that...Proud Boys, stand back and stand by, but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what. Somebody's got to do something about AntiFa and the Left, because this is not a Right-Wing problem”
          Yep, and we also have his ties to the alt-right including known white supremacists and those advocating race wars. He brought Bannon into the White House. Stephen Miller is still there. He has actively benefitted from the support of white supremacist groups especially during his first campaign and never distanced himself from them, even when asked directly about them. He has retweeted tweets from white nationalist accounts. He called neo-Nazis "very fine people". All while usually remaining silent on crimes perpetrated by known racist white nationalists and yet using his platform to condemn people of colour or their protests regularly.

There is absolutely not a shred of doubt that Trump is white supremacist enough to be buddies with white supremacists, bring them close to him, and benefit from them. He is a white supremacist.

Comment

Comment

Needs photoshopping a bit more, more than it already is I mean ... afterall, no one actually decorates their house like that and keeps a stuffed lion from a trophy hunt in their living room.

That feels better ...

There are ten subtle differences, can you spot them all?

Edit - Did you get them - spoiler reveal at your peril.

1 ) Trump returned to his real face colour
              2 ) The spectre of Covid-19
              3 ) Hands grabbing things they shouldn't be
              4 & 5 ) Pictures of Trump's favourite dictators
              6) The puppet master pulling the strings
              7 ) The tears (happiness or sadness - you decide) of young Trump
              8 & 9 ) The confederate flag on black car, swastika on silver car, because it's import to teach our children our morals
              10 ) Spider-Man looking on in horror at the whole thing (yes, the hyphen is important)

Last edited by MartyG; 02-10-2020, 14:02.

Comment

Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Whoever worded this tweet needs a raise:

Comment

He was with Barrett on Saturday *fingers crossed*

Comment

After contracting COVID Trump reduced his schedule to one meeting today and didn't even make that in the end... bu-but the virus is no big deal ri-right?

Comment

Veering harder towards real now, this really isn't good for Trump's last push

Comment

Comment

I'm glad the senate members and the president can afford health care in the US.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Covid-19 sufferer has Covid-19 symptoms, including uniquely unrecognised erectile dysfunction that "was never a problem before - I have the best erections, just look at Trump Tower".

Comment

Has there ever been a president die during presidency? Other than assassination.

Comment

Working...
                                X