User Tag List

Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 70787980818290 ... LastLast
    That's pretty frightening. I can see a situation were, come the election, if you aren't voting for trump, you find yourself locked up.

Potentially yes, but what he says on twitter and what he can realistically do are probably two very different things. But then the checks and balances we were told about when he was voted in have turned out to be useless so who knows what he's actually capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    That's pretty frightening. I can see a situation were, come the election, if you aren't voting for trump, you find yourself locked up.
    Trump has been setting up excuses around the election for quite some time - that's what this demonising of vote-by-mail stuff is all about, he wants to minimise it as much as possible as those possessing intelligence are going to opt to mail in their vote and if they're smart, chances are they're not going to be falling for his propaganda and voting for him. When he loses after the mail votes are counted, he'll play the mailing voting fraud card.

The good thing is currently, albiet with the caveat that riots, looting and millions getting infected isn't a good thing, every step Trump is currently making is making him less and less electable - his base of evangelists alone is not enough to carry him in the November elections. So with any luck his thrall continues to crack.
    Last edited by MartyG; 01-06-2020 at 09:22 AM.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/polit...sts/index.html
    On Friday the George Floyd Protests reached the White House Gates, Trump once again took the lead in the matter.

The lead in the panicked rush to get into the White House underground bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/polit...sts/index.html
    On Friday the George Floyd Protests reached the White House Gates, Trump once again took the lead in the matter.

The lead in the panicked rush to get into the White House underground bunker
    Good. Little turd.

4 years. An election year. A hundred thousand US citizens dead. Today at the White House:

Welcome to Trump's America

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/01/...-for-12-hours/

Another black man shot and killed by police who seem to have forgotten to turn on their body cams....

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Because Trump has said that the demonstrations are Antifa activity and is now declaring Antifa a terrorist organisation. And given that Antifa, for most practical purposes, is a vague idea and, as Trump has already done, anyone can be branded a member whether they are a member of any an actual group or not, Trump has just set up a situation in which anyone who opposes him, speaks out against oppression or fascism, pushes back against his racism or just about anything else, can be treated as a terrorist. That's why now.
    I had to look up Antifa. I should follow the news more.

Anonymous made police radios play F the police yesterday.

What an utter scrote trump is.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Welcome to Trump's America
    Scary thing is that a large part of the population is perfectly fine with it.

I'm a bit concerned by how I'm seeing so many of the protestors online say that their short-term goal is to defund the police force, long term goal is to dismantle and get rid of the police force entirely - and, critically, to not replace it with a new, reformed law enforcement system. Like just to have no police whatsoever.

I don't want to argue with people because tensions are running really high right now, but I can't believe that would ever work. I've met libertarians who believe similar things and while I appreciate that they have that much faith in the goodness of people, I don't have that faith, and I believe that law enforcement will always be necessary at least in our lifetimes.

I don't disagree with massively gutting and reforming the existing US police; people are talking about how some of their forces only require ~6 months of training. It's crazy. But I can't imagine how the world would function entirely without a police force.