Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's what the Republicans are forgetting, Trump is effectively a TV celebrity who isn't a politician. It's that unique appeal and position that allowed him to gain momentum over party rivals which is why he was so unpopular within the party before election. Once he's gone they'll be left with career politicians again who will be left holding the bag and I imagine (given Trump will be fully open to legal consequence too once out of power) there'd be a risk of an in-party battle between those who facilitated Trump and can't replicate his success and those who were never keen and fancy culling out his supporters to try and save the party.

The Republicans could very easily look at the clear as day illegal behaviour of Trump and use him as a fall guy but instead it's all short term. Those who have had dealings with him will get burnt by their own party lightning fast once he's gone. The Dems will spend an age undoing his damage and holding him up as a poster child for Republican corruption as well as being what he is, the worst US President ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Once he's gone they'll be left with career politicians again who will be left holding the bag
      You're forgetting about the greatest living American. BIG ****OFF WINKY SMILEY

Comment

Trump to get an early Xmas present - The democrats will today release two articles of impeachment against him

Comment

Well, now the question is if Republicans care more about being in power or upholding the law.
          Rhetorical question.

Comment

Jesus, talk about dumb

Comment

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom

Jesus, talk about dumb
              Was just coming to post the tweet. Dumb? I don't know. They've realised having a villain as a candidate is fine now. Just fine.

Comment

Coming soon, a new Tory ad stating that Boris Johnson wants to look after your kids futures featuring his head pasted over an image of the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Comment

Coming soon, a new Tory ad stating that Boris Johnson wants to look after your kids futures featuring his head pasted over an image of the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Comment

That fits all too easily

Comment

After hours spent sparring over proposed amendments to the two counts against Donald Trump, the vote was moved to Friday

The Republicans spent 14 hours delaying the vote on impeachment articles of Trump to try and wear the Dems down but then get livid when Nadler delays the vote to this morning so they can get some sleep

Comment

The Supreme Court is to take on three cases aiming to have Trumps financial records revealed.

And the House finally voted through the two articles of impeachment, the full House vote will now take place next week

Comment

In what is horribly unsurprising given the times we’re living in, there are people pulling the ‘Bernie is anti-Semitic’ trick in spite of him being of Jewish descent and having family die in the holocaust. Worked against Corbyn so why not? Seems a totally unsubstantiated claim like that can get people to vote instead for actual real brazen racists.

Comment

I 100% expect Trump to be voted in again.

Comment

I don't think Bernies gonna get the nod regardless so even attempting it with him seems like a waste of a tactic regardless of how nasty it is to begin with. Certainly Trump has now been vindicated in how it's ok to lie though so all sorts will be inbound now.

Comment

Trump's impeachment is underway now that all the pointless procedural delays the Republicans put forward to try and stall things.

Trump's letter is a must read though - it's hillarious. My favourite quote I think is the final paragraph.

Originally posted by Mad as a hatter POTUS
                                One hundred years from now, when people look back at this affair, I want them to understand it, and learn from it, so that it can never happen to another President again..
                                I'm quite sure that historians will learn a lot from this period of history.

Comment

Working...
                                X