This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That's infuriating. In the US, don't they have laws about this? I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but the police just won't intervene.

In the UK there's a minimum distance that any campaigning, by anyone, has to be from a voting station; it's a decent distance which is why no-one does it (exit pollers are the only exception, provided they're outside the immediate polling station and not displaying signs etc.).

Comment

Yep, completely illegal, apparently they scarpered once security came out.

Comment

TikTok is now under control of Oracle and Walmart (...sure, why not?), so harvested data will remain within US companies and the app will no longer be banned in the US.

Comment

Yeah, because Oracle has never done anything shady, like try and copyright API structures for example. ByteDance would have been better off letting it be banned.

Comment

Maybe they add contact tracing into TikTok and save the damn world.

Not likely.
              Last edited by kryss; 20-09-2020, 20:20.

Comment

"Well, we have our options," Pelosi told ABC's "This Week." "We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now."

Pelosi refuses to rule out impeaching Barr and putting forward a second impeachment of Trump to block his push to fill the still warm empty senate seat before the election

Comment

If I note that Mitch McConnell looks like Roger Ebert after he had his jaw removed, does that make me a terrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    If I note that Mitch McConnell looks like Roger Ebert after he had his jaw removed, does that make me a terrible person?
                    Yes. And me a worse one for laughing.

Comment

Vote him out, Vote him out, Vote him out.

Link to just the vid: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...0-942060184dbd

Comment

Best part of my otherwise crappy day

Comment

Love it, and you know that for all his bluster it will have really gotten deep under his skin. He'll say he didn't hear it but do something as an overreaction to it in the next few days

Comment

The Indiana conservative would replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg, as a secretive Catholic group, of which Barrett is a member, steps into the spotlight

Trump is making another fatal error in judgement by trying to push this through before the election. Recent polling shows that the vast majority of undecided voters oppose the appointment being made before the election, votes Trump needs if he hopes to win this time round (his base is not nearly large enough to win on its own).

Comment

I'm trying to understand the mindset of anyone who is undecided and yet might vote Trump and, honestly, I don't see it. I'm not saying those people don't exist. I just don't think they constitute any kind of number worth anyone's attention. Trump is exactly as he has shown himself to be over the last four years and anyone who votes for him doesn't care about that and can't possibly care about this either. I don't believe there are more than a handful of people who will think everything else he has done is just fine but this is too much, if even a single person like this exists. I just don't believe it.

Where undecided voters will really come into play, in my view, are those people who might vote for Biden but can't bring themselves to do it because he's weak as dishwater, maybe supporting a third party. Those are the people who will reduce the Dem numbers, not people who actually vote for Trump. I don't think there will be much crossover there.

Comment

There are less undecided this time around (10% as opposed to 20%) but perhaps more critically, of those voters expressing moderate support for Biden 10% say there's a chance they'll change where as moderate Trump voters this stands at 17%.

It's things like the above that will impact on those votes and confirming a new supreme court judge right now is not a popular move.

Comment

Working...
                                X