Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ that podcast is depressing. Given where we are right now I can only imagine what another four years of Trump would do...

He's saying he's stopped the pandemic now as one of his achievements. What the ****...

Comment

The Supreme Court has rejected a request from Republicans in Pennsylvania to overturn a 3 day extension to absentee balloting.

Comment

Here's an aside I forgot to post relating to the Rudy Borat scene. Having seen the full scene and context now, much as a pains me to say it... I'd say Rudy is in the clear on that one.

There are definitely red flags for him about the situation but an awful lot about the scenario relies on presenting an image that Rudy himself doesn't really engage in. There's also context to it that the viewer is aware of that Rudy himself is not and when it comes to the main moment itself, stupid though it is to end up in that situation, it's clear that he's tucking in his shirt and doesn't touch himself as suggested.

It's obviously headline grabbing but I feel it plays much more into supporting the Trump Fake News narrative than it does making Rudy look bad.

Comment

He thought he was going to get lucky - it's not as damning as it might have been, but that was a lot of deep tucking going on

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            It's obviously headline grabbing but I feel it plays much more into supporting the Trump Fake News narrative than it does making Rudy look bad.
            The specifics of the scenario, when you scrutinise it, certainly make things a bit more nuanced. But I'd say there are two key things here.

First, it's that Giuliani is part of the POTUS' "inner circle", and it's disturbing that he'd be so easy to be put in a compromising position by a pretty girl, with relatively little in terms of background checks. It's the very definition of a honeypot. If she had been a foreign agent, or an investigative reporter, or something along those lines, then that could've resulted in a very bad situation. It almost doesn't need to be said, but if you hold public office or work closely with those who do, you can't just go for drinks in hotel rooms with complete strangers. It's potentially a matter of national security.

Second, given some of the "attack videos" I've see Trump put out, and the utter bull**** he's said, and the absolute failure of the truth to stand on its own merits in this new information era, with the Commander-in-Cheeto blathering on about "alternative facts" and such, I'm fine seeing some propaganda that drags his people through the mud. His opponents tried to rise above it, that didn't work, so now it's time to get down in the same pit and go in swinging.

Comment

And that's something the security services have flagged up - that Giuliani is a prime target for Russian agents feeding him misinformation, like for example, Hunter Biden's "laptop" that of course he travelled all the way to California to some random PC shop to have fixed.

They're so desperate to have dirt that the Russians could feed them anything at this point.

Comment

I won't lie, I think that the target is from the p**** grabbing club decensitives it a lot. I was more dismayed by the Doctor who knows more about the scenario earlier in the film and brazenly says he would

Though I liked the rich guys daughter and the ball who couldn't have been more clear with her disgust at her dad's comment

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  He thought he was going to get lucky - it's not as damning as it might have been, but that was a lot of deep tucking going on
                  What the hell is he doing in the bedroom alone with a young female presenter? I mean, it's a setup and he's not in on it and he's clearly tucking himself back in after removing the microphone (his alibi) which is fair enough... But, he shouldn't have been in the bedroom in the first place.

Sure he can try for the bumbling old fart innocence routine but every bloke should know there's a red flag waaaay before you get to the shirt tucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    I won't lie, I think that the target is from the p**** grabbing club decensitives it a lot. I was more dismayed by the Doctor who knows more about the scenario earlier in the film and brazenly says he would

Though I liked the rich guys daughter and the ball who couldn't have been more clear with her disgust at her dad's comment
                    When he says she's worth $500? As a father of 3 daughters there's a load of older men in this film that should know better and honestly make me sick.

Absolute slime balls.

Comment

Yep, the look his daughter gives him before she openly pulls him up is priceless as a viewer. It was nice to see someone in the film show some element of normalcy. It'll never not amaze how brazenly people go about being vile

Comment

Yeah it was good and you can instantly tell that wasn't scripted, very genuine response!

Comment

Nationwide, the average number of daily new cases this past week is up 21% compared to the previous week. But testing has increased only 6.63% over the same time frame.

Fauci wades in again no doubt annoying Trump, who has just claimed he has ended Coronavirus, by placing a 2022 estimate on the US's ability to get a hold of things

Comment

Comment

Early voting in the US has now passed 80m representing 58.6% of the total votes cast in 2016

Comment

Opinion polls are beginning to suggest that Donal Trump could be facing the biggest election loss since 1980. Additionally Democrats could be on course to extend their hold of the House and also to take the Senate.

Comment

Working...
                                X