Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... on one level, you're right. On another, it didn't have to be Trump. Back in 2016, that would have been most Republican candidates. Trump came out on top for stuff that goes beyond many Republicans. I don't believe that Trump supporters support him just for the normal expected Republican things. They support him for all the hideous things he is beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Hmmm... on one level, you're right. On another, it didn't have to be Trump. Back in 2016, that would have been most Republican candidates. Trump came out on top for stuff that goes beyond many Republicans. I don't believe that Trump supporters support him just for the normal expected Republican things. They support him for all the hideous things he is beyond that.
      That's true - but I feel it's that + the typical things.

Comment

I think perhaps there is an appetite for a politician that's seen as acting quickly. Politics and political legislation that effects you takes time, Trump is seen as someone that gets it done quick. Even if the thing he's doing is wrong.
        I think that's part of the reason we are seeing other countries swing to the right too. The right wing politicians are less likely to care about offending and harming others to achieve their goal. People want to see results quicker.

Comment

Trump gets thing done very quick

What happened to President Trump's long-promised wall? How much of it got built? And how effective has it been?

Like 15 miles of new Wall since 2016.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              People want to see results quicker.
              Act in haste, repent in leisure.

Political legislation takes time because it has to be properly considered - these decisions can not only have local effects but can also have worldwide consequences and decisions made in haste can end up causing more harm in the long run because on unintended consequences.

You know, like leaving the Paris Accord or defunding WHO.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                That's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. Was the woman suffering a breakdown? If not, why is such a person allowed to be alive? I don't know much about prayer but is that how Republicans do it? Just shout and demand until God is so brow-beaten he gives in? Just...what?!

Comment

Can another state just get the finger out and declare to put an end to this please, I'm sick of the nauseas feeling in my gut every time I refresh that voting map.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    That's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. Was the woman suffering a breakdown? If not, why is such a person allowed to be alive? I don't know much about prayer but is that how Republicans do it? Just shout and demand until God is so brow-beaten he gives in? Just...what?!
                    I think that video is further proof God doesn't exist, given the lack of visible lightning.

Comment

Brace...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        Just focus on the cat, rather than her rapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Brace...

Hopefully that's the former Director of National Intelligence and the former Nevada Attorney General speaking with the former President...

Comment

Rumbles it's just another of Trump's many weakly argued lawsuits over counting

Comment

Senate still technically on the table, rumbles enough results to call the presidency will be in within hours too

Comment

If CBS's latest predictions of likely counts are correct, and even if all three knife-edge or 'toss' states go to Trump (marked yellow on the link: scroll down), the end result will be 270 Biden and 267 Trump: https://www.cbsnews.com/
                                Last edited by Golgo; 05-11-2020, 15:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X