This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Will we actually find out this week who has won?
    should take five days to count all postal votes but trump is already trying to get postal votes removed, if it looks like hes won on the night he will declare himself the winner and do his upmost to get all postal votes removed though the courts, as has been shown he has a path to this thorough the courts where his own party will get to decide if these votes get counted. His dismantling of the postal service in swing states, will also do a good job of delaying and throwing all postal votes in to more of a state of limbo too, no doubt because of these delays a large amount of votes wont be counted as they will miss the cut off.

His plan falls down if hes not in the lead, I reckon he will be in the lead before postal votes are counted, hes done his upmost to undermine covid among his followers so their going to be out in force at the polls, where as people who are taking the virus seriously would more likely want to vote via the mail in system.

It seems their is voter suppression on a massive scale too, on the ground you keep hearing stories of things like ballot drop of points being inside locked buildings that are shut down when there supposed to be open or people having to drive hundreds of miles to find drop off points. Even If you did get a postal vote in early there are leaked photos showing ballots that have been dumped and are in bins marked for shredding. Intimidation of voters is rife too massive rally's of trump supporters intimidating people going to vote seem to be pretty common place. I'm surprised sorting office haven't been burnt to the ground.

It's like a Dictator is in charge and is doing his upmost to game the system so he can cling on to power, i don't think america will be free of the trumps for a long time either, hes already lining up members of his family to run after him and his voting base are already laping this up.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 02-11-2020, 13:41.

Comment

Yep, I expect more of the Trump clan to make a play for office but they'll fail epically. They seem to have no grasp of the unique circumstances that led to Trumps first term

Comment

6hrs till voting and:

97.6m votes have been cast early representing 70.9% of 2016 vote total

Also a warning against women voting:

Comment

Nancy Pelosi has opened the final day of the 202 US Elections with a simple message to Trump
          "I would just like him to know it ain't going to happen for him at the end of the day"
          She says she fully expects what Trump will do and they're ready for it.

Comment

Court will hear a case a week after election day that could result in the law being overturned – or only one provision eliminated

It literally took a hot minute to become slated but the US Supreme Court is to hear the case to overturn Obamacare and rob 20m US citizens of their health insurance

US newsrooms are busy working out how to report the news of Trump calling early victory whilst reducing the impression that that claim is in any actually correct.

Early voting is a hair short of 100m in total. 24m of those votes are from voters who did not vote in the 2016 election and 8% are from voters who have never voted before.

4 years in and Trump is finally succeeding in building a wall - around the White House

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-polls-update
              4 years in and Trump is finally succeeding in building a wall - around the White House
              On a related note, I love the Guardian, but I really hate their rolling news coverage. I hate how when people link it, when you go to the link, it's not for the story but for a related more-recent thing.

Comment

They've definitely become very dependent on their live feeds in recent years, presumably thanks to the rate of news Brexit/Covid/Trump have created. It's obvious, but it's easily the most relied on place I go to for news. My main irk is that when they choose a soap box on some subjects they lose any and all attempt at objectivity to an almost obnoxious degree. It happens a lot during elections, they're doing it at the moment with the Depp reporting too. And Beyonce too, their staff have an unhealthy obsession about her PR managed output.

Comment

Yeah, you've gotta click within 20 seconds of Neon posting!

Comment

Clicks on NeoGaf's Politics Forum

Comment

Is that place like a subforum of 4Chan or something?

Comment

Beginning to think so, it's so severe in terms of how far its slid since the exodus. Presumably the gaming side of it is propped up at this point purely by people banned from Era who don't know where else to go

Comment

Clicks on NeoGaf's Politics Forum
                          Just don't! That would be like watching three full seasons of a comedy you don't find funny. Stop doing things you hate!

Comment

Beginning to think so, it's so severe in terms of how far its slid since the exodus. Presumably the gaming side of it is propped up at this point purely by people banned from Era who don't know where else to go
                            Don't bring them here!

Remember, Quality is better than Quantity!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Remember, Quality is better than Quantity!
                              What the hell did you say about me?!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantityChimp View Post
                                What the hell did you say about me?!
                                You heard, loser!

Comment

Working...
                                X