Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's certainly a degree of truth that Trump's success is at least partly due to the current status of politics, but I'm not sure I buy into the idea that people voted for him because they know he's a fake, not based on what we see from Trump supporters.

Comment

With Trump, his scraping win felt like it mostly rested on:

-A representative for racists and mysoginists
      -The push against Hillary
      -The appeal of 'plain speaking' over political jargon
      -Protest voting
      -Joke voting or celebrity appeal

This time out he has a four year track record of racist actions, lies, criminal conduct, human rights abuse, thousands of needless American deaths and much more and at the same time arguably four of the above five points no longer apply. The one remaining one will be split too as even America's racist etc voters who would never vote Democrat must also be struggling the more that the rampant nature of the virus becomes a reality they cannot ignore and they begin to lose their health, loved ones and/or their jobs whilst Trump does nothing to help them.

Meanwhile it's become abundantly clear that despite all of his efforts he has absolutely nothing in his arsenal to take down Biden with. We seem to be getting closer and closer to a scenario where if Biden loses it's because the Democrats literally can't win an election in the modern climate. I pray that Biden wins, the Democrats get the senate and House and within the next couple of years they absolutely dog Trump down.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Always makes me think of this:
        Thanks, I think I saw that before but didn't know the title. People nowadays say Bill Hicks' humour doesn't hold up, but his fury towards advertising and other sectors is admirable to me.

Comment

Pretty much everything Bill Hicks and George Carlin have said in the past is still relevant today. This stuff just doesn't change...

I tend to watch Hicks every now and then just to remind me there was someone outspoken enough to just point out the BS for everyone. I think now the closest thing we have to these greats is probably Dave Chappelle but he's not as political.

Comment

I love so much of Hicks’ stuff but I have a suspicion that, if Hicks we’re alive today, he’d be a rampant conspiracy theorist, friend to Alex Jones and a Trump supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I love so much of Hicks’ stuff but I have a suspicion that, if Hicks we’re alive today, he’d be a rampant conspiracy theorist, friend to Alex Jones and a Trump supporter.
              I dunno about that... Funnily enough a while back I saw there's conspiracy theory that Hicks became Alex Jones. I'm not making that up. Do a search it will pop up. Haha.

Comment

I dunno. There where conspiracies and right wings nuts back then and I don't remember him siding with them.

Comment

You could well be right. I can’t know, of course. I just have a feeling he would have edged that direction, his mistrust and anger would have ended up misdirected and then he’d not do well in a world that calls people out for saying the wrong thing. But I think it’s better to believe I’m wrong because he had so many great messages and I always felt his angry stuff came from a real gut belief that humanity was capable of amazing things and just weren’t there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    I dunno about that... Funnily enough a while back I saw there's conspiracy theory that Hicks became Alex Jones. I'm not making that up. Do a search it will pop up. Haha.
                    And Morgan Freeman is Jimi Hendrix.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      And Morgan Freeman is Jimi Hendrix.
                      Well, you never see the two of them together, so...

Comment

I doubt this, he was pretty much against the republican party stalwarts, going after Bush snr/jnr and Reagan etc... He did love to jump all over the Kennedy assassination but then who doesn't. At the very least I sincerely doubt he'd be a Trump supporter.

I guess I have a hard time thinking anyone I respect could be a Trump supporter.

Comment

Another example of the risks being taken

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...ovid-19-party/
                            Another example of the risks being taken
                            And all the comments seem to focus on is that they didn't name the guy.

Comment

The biggest increases were from the United States, Brazil, India and South Africa, according to a daily report. This blog is now closed

Global cases break records again by jumping up 230,000 new cases in 24hrs whilst

Rise is the biggest in any state since start of the pandemic and comes at the end of a grim week in Florida in which there have been more than 500 deaths

Florida also breaks its own record for new cases in 24hrs just as Disney World reopens with over 15,000 new cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...daily-total-us
                                Florida also breaks its own record for new cases in 24hrs just as Disney World reopens with over 15,000 new cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X