This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing stuff from Biff today.

Blaming the Obama admin for leaving them with faulty tests.

A journalist pointed out that CV19 didn’t exist until last year. So the tests can’t be faulty.

Biff, who’s had since 2017 to modernise, just continues to blame the last lot.

Classic Biff.

Comment

I feel like Biden wouldn't win by the margin a Trump opponent should but I feel there's still a shot for him despite the allegations due to:

-A significant number of Americans clearly don't care about a poor reputation in a candidate
      -Whilst the allegations would normally harm a candidate most will probably weight it against Trump and see him as the lesser of two evils
      -Whilst the Democrats don't use Trump's line, Trump himself has sewn the seeds of Fake News so much by now that it undermines stories against the Democrats as well as Republicans
      -Trump and the Republicans also can't push that allegation hard against him for fear of reviving their own unresolved skellington allegations too

In any other Presidential race it'd be the kind of thing that could end a campaign but in the Dark Timeline we currently exist in, with the standards in the US now so low and in a race that Trump is part of I doubt the allegation will even be getting much mention come November as most Dems fall in line, fence sitter voters swing to Biden as they can't be as easily won over by a Trump with a track record undermining him and a desire for change in the shadow of a rising viral US bodycount.

It should be a slam dunk and it's a disgrace that it's not but for a long time I've also had the suspicion that a progressive Democrat didn't stand a chance against Trump either so in a way Biden is exactly what the Dems need too. Too many voters in the US just aren't progressive ones and a more moderate pallatable version of a bleach gulping, p**** grabbing, orange man-baby may be all they need to knock those few points on the scale away from Trump and that's all the Dem's need - one term. Because without Trump's media cultivating persona the Republicans have absolutely nothing to follow him up with now except a legacy of cowering, brown nosing and corruption making a stain they'll struggle to recover from without their current figurehead.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        -A significant number of Americans clearly don't care about a poor reputation in a candidate
        This significant number aren't voting Democrat. Voters who would support a Democrat candidate generally expect better, which is why they have trouble uniting behind a candidate.

-Whilst the allegations would normally harm a candidate most will probably weight it against Trump and see him as the lesser of two evils
        I don't think so. I think for a lot of people it will be more like - if I can't support that in Trump, how could I possibly support it in Biden?

-Whilst the Democrats don't use Trump's line, Trump himself has sewn the seeds of Fake News so much by now that it undermines stories against the Democrats as well as Republicans
        Again, I feel this assumes that potential Democrate voters are as dumb as the masses of Trump supporters and I don't feel that's the case. We're dealing with two very, very different voter bases here that expect different things.

-Trump and the Republicans also can't push that allegation hard against him for fear of reviving their own unresolved skellington allegations too
        Don't agree with this one either. As I mentioned before, they had absolutely no problem slinging the lightest mud at Clinton when Trump was not only guilty of far worse but was pretty much guilt of a different worse every single week of the campaign.

I think this is all assuming that the voters are the same voters and it's not the case and the Republicans are very aware of this. They can take down a Democrat candidate with a fraction of what Trump is guilty of. And they will. Democrat voters expect better. This will split the possible Democrat vote because, already, some people just can't vote for Biden. They obviously won't vote for Trump either but that doesn't matter. Trump has his base. It's not huge but it's strong. All the Republicans have to do is water down the Democrat vote enough and the Republicans win regardless of Trump himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Again, I feel this assumes that potential Democrate voters are as dumb as the masses of Trump supporters and I don't feel that's the case. We're dealing with two very, very different voter bases here that expect different things..
          But if the democratic voters are as smart as you say, they would know that if they split their vote with Biden and third party candidates, Trump will win, so if they are smart, they won't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            But if the democratic voters are as smart as you say, they would know that if they split their vote with Biden and third party candidates, Trump will win, so if they are smart, they won't do that.
            Oh, not being as dumb as a Trump supporter does not make anyone smart. But again, that would need a consensus and would need everyone voting together and that’s exactly what I’m saying - Trump doesn’t ever have to look better than the Dem candidate to win. All his team need to do is plant enough doubt to pull away a clear Dem consensus. That’s the only thing they need to do to win and Biden hands them that on a plate. He’s tainted goods.

Comment

I seriously doubt that this is going to have much impact, especially in 6 month's time, the same thing was being said a little while ago with the corruption allegations.

The more Trump screws up the coronavirus, the more he's impacting on his re-election chances, it's this that's going to be the main driver this time around.
              Last edited by MartyG; 01-05-2020, 15:58.

Comment

I hope you’re right. I don’t see this ending well but I hope you’re right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Hmmm... more like a kazoo.
                  A home made one, comb and tracing paper.

Comment

Civil war imminent
                    Three family members have been charged in the killing of a security guard who told a customer at a Michigan Family Dollar store to wear a state-mandated face mask, officials said on Monday.

Comment

Any civil war will clearly be the fault of the Chinese.

Meanwhile, the Five Eyes agencies contridict Trump & the Whitehouse that the virus came from a Wuhan lab: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eaked-from-lab

Surely Trump hasn't been telling more lies to deflect blame elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Dollar store “aware of the tragic incident”. The
                        Murder you mean? Call it what it is ffs.

Comment

Between the guns, lack of health care, joblessness and homelessness, it's a wonder anyone is alive in the US.

Comment

Trump is disbanding his Coronavirus Reponse Team and aggressively pursuing the reopening of the US economy despite publicly admitting at least 60-70,000 more people will die as a result. A new poll suggests that over 70% of Americans disagree with reopening businesses.

Comment

His "Response Team" wasn't worth the paper it was written on anyway, so I don't suppose this will make much difference or that his new team will be any better. I say let him go for it - we want him to continue to screw things up badly and expose his incompetency to as many voters as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Dollar store “aware of the tragic incident”. The
                                Murder you mean? Call it what it is ffs.
                                Not until tried and convicted, it isn't. It's important, now more than ever, to respect due process.

Comment

Working...
                                X