Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's true ruler, Putin, makes moves to cement Russia's transition to a full dictactorship

Comment

The Senate trial begins and Schiff continues to hold his own

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-politics-live

The Senate trial begins and Schiff continues to hold his own
        The whole things a total farce, he wont see impeachment whatsoever.

Comment

They should have held off handing it to the senate as a tombstone round his neck during his campaign run.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            The whole things a total farce, he wont see impeachment whatsoever.
            He's already been impeached, he just won't be removed from office.

Comment

Warren has the right idea, she gets in and a taks force will be set up to retroactively investigate every aspect of his presidency and they will immediately remove every individual he has appointed as well. Tear down his legacy from day one.

Comment

Something disturbs me about the fact that the Republicans have almost all doubled down on Trump. Before he got in and even when he got in, there seemed to be a lot of reservations among Republicans and talks of checks and balances. And he has been as bad if not much worse than some of the worries would have indicated. It feels like there could be a lot of consequences for stuff going on right now. And he's slippery and also very quick to turn on his own people so I can't help but feel the Republicans who stay close to him are more at risk later than Trump himself. And yet, in spite of that, they have all stuck with him and they back him up and I can't help but wonder why. Do they know they are somehow untouchable? Do they know there will be no consequences? Their brashness right now makes me uneasy.

Comment

Probably because more half of them are complicit and Trump would be more than happy to throw all of them under the bus.

It's very short sighted mind, as they're basically setting a future precedence that it's fine for the PoTUS to behave like this and there's not going to be a Republican president for the rest of time ... well I suppose there's a chance if Trump declares himself emperor to prevent future elections.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    well I suppose there's a chance if Trump declares himself emperor to prevent future elections.
                    This thought has crossed my mind. Or at least, do they know something about the vote-rigging, gerrymandering and changes to vote laws that makes them very certain that Trump isn't going anywhere anytime soon?

But yeah, the future precedence that's being set could lead to decades of messiness to come. Essentially the office of president has become an antagonistic position.

Comment

It's because all this circus won't amount to a hill of beans, Trump will get a second term, and he's so petty, he would single out those who dared to speak out against him.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        He's already been impeached, he just won't be removed from office.
                        I was under the impression that Impeachment was the official process of removal from office but it seems thats not case as far as the letter of the law is concerned, removal is a different process.

In that case can someone just stick his head under a truck please.

Comment

It's also the case that Nixon was never impeached, he resigned before the vote was executed.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Though never easy it's such an obvious flaw in US politcal system that the trial that is conducted to make the final decision can be held by a majority of the party that works for the accused. It's like being put on trial and 9/12 members of the jury are family members, such a ridiculous set up. It'd be hard to have an objective figure but given the efforts the US system goes to in order to ensure no branch of government overpowers another the same effort should be in place to try and ensure objectivity of justice.

Comment

Trump has revealed the entirely original logo for the Space Force

Comment

The lawyers for the estate of Gene Roddenberry are popping champagne tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X