This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s also tested positive for Covid...

The US president and Melania Trump were tested after his close aide was confirmed to have Covid-19.

Allegedly. I don’t do conspiracy theories but... first casualty of this will likely be no more debates...!
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You don't want to wish ill on anyone, but have they tried injecting him with bleach?

You do have to wonder if it's a ruse, I was thinking what reason would he have to lie ..

1) Get out of the debates
      2) Garner sympathy
      3) Claim it's not any worse than flu and people should get back to work
      4) Postpone election

Watch now as the Republicans claim there needs to be a delay in the coming days.
      Last edited by MartyG; 02-10-2020, 07:18.

Comment

"Trump's Covid-19 test is the only positive thing in his Presidency."

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          You don't want to wish ill on anyone, but have they tried injecting him with bleech?

You do have to wonder if it's a ruse, I was thinking what reason would he have to lie ..

2) Garner sympathy
          4) Postpone election

Watch now as the Republicans claim there needs to be a delay in the coming days.
          Like he’s actually got it the attention seeking little snot weasel.

His physician has “acknowledged the results”.

Translation, he’s seen them and their obviously not positive.

Can trump just hurry up and walk into a jet turbine or something?

Comment

You do have to wonder if it's a ruse
            We had a similar discussion in the UK thread when it was suggested Johnson went to Italy again.
            It was stated later that the airport staff had confused Tony Blair with Boris Johnson, but I think it's telling that it's easy to believe stories like that and all the non-confirmed superinjunctions flying around like Johnson's on a superyacht with a Russian oligarch rather than a Scottish tent, the baby's not his because the timeline and the size of the baby don't match, he's already split with Carrie and boning a Russian violinist, because they're all quite feasible.

Straight away, when you hear Trump has Covid-19, your mind goes through a load of questions, one of which is "Really? Really?"

If someone said Trump/Johnson are working really hard for the benefit of their nation, now that would be hard to believe.

Comment

Whoever worded this tweet needs a raise:

Comment

“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19,” Trump tweeted just before 1 a.m. ET on Friday. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”

I mean, it's not like Trump normally needs correcting on scientific matters, but If you are confirmed as infected and keeping away from others, it's called isolating. If you're suspected but not confirmed, it's quarantine.

Comment

Trump is in that mortality bracket for Covid19. Just saying...

Comment

Couple of Tweets worth noting:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      We had a similar discussion in the UK thread when it was suggested Johnson went to Italy again.
                      I'm not sure the two situations have equity. There wasn't really a good reason to cover up Johnson going to Italy, had he done so - there were no restrictions on international travel. There are however, half a dozen or more reasons why Trump and his administration would lie this close to the election.

Where things do have equity is that both men have form for lying their ass off, which subsequently makes anything they say very difficult to believe. The personal physician of Trump also told us he isn't overweight - we can see that isn't true with our eyes.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 02-10-2020, 08:47.

Comment

You don't want to wish ill on anyone, but have they tried injecting him with bleach?

2) Garner sympathy
                        4) Postpone election

This immediately came to my mind. Don't believe it for a second. In two weeks he will say he wasn't even ill and opening the economy will be justified.

Comment

Where things do have equity is that both men have form for lying their ass off, which subsequently makes anything they say very difficult to believe. The personal physician of Trump also told us he isn't overweight - we can see that isn't true with our eyes.
                          Again, sorry for the lack of clarity in my posts, Martino, but it's this latter part I was referring to.

Their performance over the last year or so makes it hard to believe anything they say.
                          This instant mistrust of our leaders is a worrying sign of how we see those chosen to govern us.

The main difference is that Trump makes stuff up and sticks to it, Johnson claims one thing then does something else.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd agree the Trump sticks with anything he changes his mind as soon as someone whispers in his ear, or Fox News tells him to say something. He'll say something on live television and immediately deny he said it straight afterwards.

Comment

It's interesting to assess their different styles though.

Trump will say "have they tried bleach", then later say "I was just asking, because maybe science hasn't looked at that yet", never committing to say that injecting bleach is wrong, but framing himself as if he's a pioneering scientist, finding cures that even the experts can't see.

Johnson just seems to do a series of u-turns.

Comment

At the moment I'm inclined to believe he has it. I think with a base that is more inclined to believe in the conspiracy theories about COVID, that it's fake etc him having it plays against message to them and will likely illicit little sympathy from others. He also now loses 50% of campaign time that he desperately needs, he could still appear and shrug it off but he'd be derided. He could appear with symptoms but then he'd be called a moron who's getting his dues. This positive result loses him far more than it does Biden.

And without typing a very long spool of text. White Supremacist is the least of accusations Trump lives up to, he's unquestionably a poison on the world, terminal to America, the singular worst President that country has ever come close to seeing who's entire term has seen his election in 2016 be the sole success he's managed as a President. Biden is a candidate who doesn't meet the bar the Democrats should be aiming for, in other times he'd be problematic but to compare him to Trump is a painful reach in pretending there even is a comparison to be made.

To even remotely support Trump is to be a supporter of... well, probably an avenue best cut short here.

Comment

Working...
                                X