Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump has asked 3M to stop exporting N95 masks to Canada.

Comment

I don't know if ths slipped through the many news about COVID-19, but an American aircraft carrier, the Theodore Roosvelt, is docked in Guam following an outbreak of the virus aboard. Currently the crew of more than 4000 sailors is quarantined on the vessel itself, and if you think that's a bad idea, so does the Captain, Brett Crozier, who sent a mail to the Navy asking to disembark the crew.
      The mail was sent through unclassified channels to Navy recipients only, but it was leaked by someone, and the Navy sacked the Captain thinking he leaked the mail itself, despite admitting that an investigation shown he didn't.
      Videos of the crew cheering the Captain leaving the ship have made the rounds on the net and quickly removed.

Comment

Sounds about right for the current administration.

Lifetime of experience and making the right call? Yep he has to go.

What a cluster f of a decision.

Comment

While Dr. Anthony Fauci has urged caution in using hydroxychloroquine, some doctors are prescribing it to patients who have the virus despite the fact it has never been tested for it.

Trumps push for the use of a malaria drug against Coronavirus comes to the almost inevitable news... he has a financial stake in the drug.

Comment

And adding to that, apparently Trump knew since late January that the pandemic was coming and could kill hundreds of thousands unless immediate action was taken, a fact that will aid the already announced Democrat investigation no end.

He may win a second term but you can already see the second impeachment, he wants his place in history so at least he'll be known for that.
            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 07-04-2020, 12:35.

Comment

As a followup to the aircraft carrier story, the Navy Secretary visited the vessel to address the crew and explain why he fire the Captain, calling him "naivë", to which one sailor replied with a "what the f***".
              You can find the whole speech of the Navy Secretary online.
              Or should I say former Secretary, as he was just fired from the position.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                As a followup to the aircraft carrier story, the Navy Secretary visited the vessel to address the crew and explain why he fire the Captain, calling him "naivë", to which one sailor replied with a "what the f***".
                What the hell is going on. Its such an odd story.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Navy secretary should be dragged out of whatever hole he's run too and flogged on deck in public viewing. Make a bloody example of him as a warning to anyone else.

That or the military removes itself from trumps command until a “fit for duty” leader emerges.

Something is going to have to give.

Comment

Bernie Sanders has dropped out, clearing the way for Biden to lose the election.

Comment

If I were American, I would have voted for Sanders or Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Bernie Sanders has dropped out, clearing the way for Biden to lose the election.
                        Biden is well ahead of Trump in the polls, even Fox News and in all key states except two: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html
                        Last edited by MartyG; 08-04-2020, 18:51.

Comment

Like with Mario, I’ll believe it when I see it. Firstly, Biden is a weak middle of the road candidate with little to strongly motivate anyone except that he is not Trump (the Dems could run a mossy pebble and still have that one selling point) but more importantly Biden is already damaged goods and that will be used against him every step of the way. He’ll be Dirty Joe Biden. And the pebble is easier to clean.

Comment

To be fair, Clinton was also ahead in the polls, but Biden is more popular than Clinton. Trump's approval rating continues to trail his disapproval and although it went up a small amount, this has already peaked and is dropping again. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

It comes down to the key swing states which require only a small number of votes to change things (it was less than 80,000 votes that gave Trump a win last time). It needs a very small percentage swing for Trump to fail, he barely clawed a win in 2016.

Comment

Biden is... a troubling choice but I don't think the nastier elements will stick much too him. Trump will try and make out he's corrupt etc but some subjects he'll let slide because he won't want to attract the same attention back on himself.

Comment

Were you not around during the last election? The dirt that was all over Trump, usually different dirt almost every day, did not in any way deter them from trying to taint Clinton. And it worked. Because the potential Democrat voters hold their candidates to a far higher standard than the Republican voters. See also Corbyn being vaguely accused of being anti-semitic being in a factor a blatant racist winning the last UK election.

Comment

Working...
                                X