Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should read "After the Neo Cons" and Douglas Murray's "Neo- Conservatism and Why We Need It" plus anything both these intellectuals write. The voice of reason in an every changing 21st century of cultural disruption...

Fukuyama's "The End of History" is a good place to start...

These articles are being used to counter the pro leftistic bias on these threads its all Guardian propaganda ad infinitum and its quite nauseating in its dishonesty in all honesty, you guys need a dose of right wing reality...the 1980s are back didn't you get the memo?

All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey is getting downloaded by the millions in other areas says Channel 4 news = Worldwide Christmas No1!
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-12-2020, 18:54.

Comment

I don’t want to see this sort of stuff in the US or UK threads anymore. It clutters it up when up until now been used for discussing particular topics and bubbling along quite nicely. I’ve made a new thread here if anyone wants to carry on posting newspaper opinion pieces or excerpts from book

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
        ...you guys need a dose of right wing reality...the 1980s are back didn't you get the memo?
        Right wing media is now the overwhelming force in mainstream news content and the majority of Western countries now have an extreme right wing elect in office. Yeah, sadly, we got the ****ing memo.

Hopefully, we rid ourselves of such hateful and selfish politics and viewpoints in the next decade. It's sad how the democratic hierarchy now favours the rich, yet the ignorant are so unaware of what's being pulled out from underneath them.

Comment

Perhaps traditional Conservatism is not ignorant, maybe you are for espousing such a biased cliched view?

Ever thought about that? Not being rude but I have heard this unremarkable trash all before...

In other American news not right or left wing...

Job loss is disproportionately affecting women during the pandemic. Men need to step up to make sure gender equality in the workplace isn't set back a generation.

Too many women are leaving the workforce during the pandemic. It’s time for men to lean in and help...
          Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-12-2020, 19:28.

Comment

Of course I have, I've pondered over beliefs and social structures like we all have.

Generally, left wing ideals always have come from a place of wanting equality, wheras generally, right wing ideals are about keeping certain social structures in place, including forms of inequality. Personally, I find that abhorrent and when you look at some of the **** that takes place in this world, don't you feel we should take down some of those systems?

After you mention traditional Conservatism, I did wonder what does that actually mean in this day and age? After reading online (See, I do enjoy reading and debating) the ever reliable Wikipedia has this to say:

"Traditionalist conservatism places a strong emphasis on the notions of custom, convention and tradition.[2] Theoretical reason is derided over and is considered against practical reason.[2] The state is also seen as a communal enterprise with spiritual and organic qualities. Traditionalists believe that any change is not the result of intentional reasoned thought but flows naturally out of the traditions of the community. Leadership, authority and hierarchy are seen as natural products. [2] Traditionalism developed throughout 18th-century Europe, particularly as a response to the disorder of the English Civil War and the radicalism of the French Revolution. In the middle of the 20th century, traditionalist conservatism started to organize itself in earnest as an intellectual and political force."

I feel that the belief structure and limits that traditional Conservatism want to keep in place go directly against my belief structure and how we can make the world a better place. I don't see why you would want to keep those limits in place unless you directly benefit from them. Hence, there's the issue with traditional Conservatism or right wing thinking.

Comment

And aside - It's all too obvious Biden doesn't have dementia and the reliance on that narrative continues to show how weak Trump's efforts have been to find tangible dirt on him.

Comment

As there is a new thread and you had the courtesy to espouse your viewpoint with tact all I'll say is read "Achieving Our Country" by Richard Rorty It is up your street Wools and deals with the left from a cultural left and reformist left perspectives and the dangers of the former...very prescient to do with the world we live in now...

Achieving Our Country: Leftist Thought in Twentieth-Century America is a 1998 book by American philosopher Richard Rorty, in which the author differentiates between what he sees as the two sides of the left, a cultural left and a reformist left. He criticizes the cultural left, which is exemplified by post-structuralists such as Michel Foucault and post-modernists such as Jean-François Lyotard. Although these intellectuals make insightful claims about the ills of society, Rorty holds that they provide no alternatives and even present progress as problematic at times. On the other hand, the progressive left, exemplified for Rorty by John Dewey, makes progress its priority in its goal of "achieving our country." Rorty sees the reformist left as acting in the philosophical spirit of pragmatism.

Comment

I'm getting twitchy.

Comment

Look I have posted in that other thead to continue the discussion elsewhere and left a right of reply here from Wools that I am entitled to, nothing to be concerned about, all good, do not get fascist because you do not like the sunrise!

In other news...

We are taking the time that we need,’ FDA head says, defending COVID-19 vaccine approval process. Here’s what he told us about what comes next.

Trump is annoyed that the vaccine was not first in the USA and sees it as part of his legacy that is all...

Anyway I am watching SPECTRE...have a good night and we can get this thread back on track objectively Colin
                    Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-12-2020, 22:06.

Comment

Look I have posted in that other thead to continue the discussion elsewhere and left a right of reply here from Wools that i am entitled to, nothing to be concerned about, all good, do not get fascist because you do not like the sunrise!

Comment

I guess I should change my user name to Mussolini. I’ve reached my limit on this one.

Comment

Thanks. Improved the forum already...

Comment

Got to make sure those financial workers are safe - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wa...ns-11607119149

Interestingly, it looks like this article has been amended because the linked headline includes Wall Street and finance workers whereas the article itself specifically refers to bank staff. Edit: yeah, it seems it was a correction so it’s not actually as bad as it initially made out.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 06-12-2020, 09:19.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                That's got to be up there with the most horse**** comments he's ever put on twitter.
                                China virus? Really? Surely by now it's just the world virus

Comment

Working...
                                X