R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about this.
    They're in the final 48 hours and they've got almost double what they were asking, but all they've unlocked are some subtitles, ghost and leaderboard.

The additional stretch goals are asking it to reach millions of dollars. No chance.

Someone just asked why only a week long campaign and they said: "Thank you for your inquiry.

We have not yet decided if we'll be able to offer any other way to support the project after this Kickstarter campaign. If we decide to do so, however, we would definitely like to take over the stretch goals.

We appreciate your continued support and cooperation."

So they'll probably work their way around the other crowdfunding sites.

If this ever gets released, I'll wait for some reviews and a sale.

Comment

The 7 days thing still bugs me though as i cannot see why that was decided, especially when they were looking for so much. Granted they did get the money needed but it still gives me this nagging feeling in the back of my mind for something being dodgy as i do not remember ever a gaming crowdfunding that was looking for as much money but in 7 days,

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        The 7 days thing still bugs me though as i cannot see why that was decided, especially when they were looking for so much. Granted they did get the money needed but it still gives me this nagging feeling in the back of my mind for something being dodgy as i do not remember ever a gaming crowdfunding that was looking for as much money but in 7 days,
        It definitely makes my Chimpy-Sense tingle.

Comment

18 minutes left!

EDIT: Done!
          ¥98,863,825 pledged of ¥45,000,000 goal
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 11-06-2019, 15:04.

Comment

Nearly u-turned on my no-more-backing-crowdfunding-for-game-development rule for this earlier today until I considered the pledge prices and shipping - £80 for a physical copy???

I think I’ll wait for this to get an official general release and then see if LRG or somebody else picks up the slack for printing physical copies.

Comment

So anybody who didn’t pledge won’t get to play it? It’s. it gonna be on the PSN?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If this gets completed, which I can imagine will be delayed by additional crowdfunding campaigns and the programming of the additional stretch goal levels, then I imagine it'll eventually end up on PSN.

In fact, I can imagine it will be available on PSN before the backers get theirs and cheaper, just to get them thoroughly narked!

Comment

I don’t see why this wouldn’t get a general release eventually, irrespective of the Kickstarter campaign.

Pretty much most of the successful crowdfunded indie games in recent years have seen general releases, like Shovel Knight - a game that I backed on Kickstarter.

Comment

The last 3 'monthly' updates have come with apologies for the delay in sending the update. Great sign

The content of the most recent one is decent at least - https://rtypefinal2.com/project-r/info/vol2.html - seems they've got a demo together for TGS, even if it sounds like the basic gameplay isn't quite nailed down. Hopefully the news out of the show isn't too damning...

Comment

Delays! Surprise!

This made me dig out and finally try R-Types and R-Type Final and I got a lot more fun out of the former, if I'm honest.

Even then, I'm happier playing Gradius V, so I'm glad I didn't back this, even if they weren't rubbish at updates and contemplating multiple funding campaigns.

Comment

EDIT - wrong thread, only a funny gif for the other resurrected thread. Doh!

Comment

Off-screen footage of the TGS prototype version

Comment

That 3D of the background as the ship enters the base is great!

Comment

That's in much better shape than I was expecting. Some jumps and jitters, and it's very short, but I'm somewhat reassured.

Comment

That looks pretty tidy. Colour me surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X