R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    I have Gradius V and R-Type Final sitting on my PS2 shelf of backlog shame in front of me right now, but I will buy this. It looks great.
    Gradius V is the best game on the PS2 you need to get on with it. Final is pretty damn good too but with a unusually sedate pace for its genre.

Comment

Gradius V is brill, brill, brill.

Only get annoyed early on when the other guy is gabbing bollocks to you, it's that bit with the brain sub-boss.

Spoils the flow, a tad. And unskippable. But if that's the worst thing about it, what more can we all say???

Absolutely beautiful game!!!!

Comment

This does look good.

Comment

Couple of nice patches and workarounds for gradius v, to remove interlace flickering and output at 240p/480p

Comment

Cripes, that's me telt, lads! Better get on with Gradius V, I reckon!

Comment

I adored gradius V and finished it back in the day Wouldn't have a hope in hell now I'm 50
              Last edited by BIG EDD; 26-09-2020, 22:03.

Comment

This is what I want:

Gradius V, Thunderforce III and even Parodius getting the modern makeovers with 4k, ultrawide support all running at 144Hz.

Comment

I haven't played much of Gradius V either. Would love Thunderforce 3 and 4 remakes but unlikely.

I wish Metal gear rising got a proper super remake.

Comment

^what I like about GV is that it encourages you to play it more and more until it becomes a Zen-like, godly experience. It doesn't matter if you're bad at the beginning, it makes you get good if you let it.

It's perfect. Bar that ONE unskippable moment. Drat!!!

PS Rising still looks bloody great on my Xbox One but I hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      Cripes, that's me telt, lads! Better get on with Gradius V, I reckon!
                      Go on lad, get stuck in!!!!!

PS don't matter if you're 50, you can still get good!!! I'm actually *better* at 2D games these days, only things that make my hands seize up are button mashers like Track & Field!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        ^what I like about GV is that it encourages you to play it more and more until it becomes a Zen-like, godly experience. It doesn't matter if you're bad at the beginning, it makes you get good if you let it.

It's perfect. Bar that ONE unskippable moment. Drat!!!

PS Rising still looks bloody great on my Xbox One but I hear ya.
                        I like the moment you like to skip!
                        Gives you a short breather and it's a clever little bit of plot.

You're right about getting better. I've been thinking about Gradius V all weekend and the comments that it's tough. It IS, but you get better.

That first boss that encircles you, then shoots bubbles, then traps you in a laser, the starts rotating AND shooting bubbles! It's all too much at first.

Then you realise you can control where your Option aims, so you can take the bubble turrets out before the laser starts. Then concentrate your fire on the core's shields and BOOM! Level 1 complete!
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-09-2020, 07:58.

Comment

I always wanted to play Gradius V it looks amazing, i sadly got rid of my PS2 long before that ever was released.

Comment

Still waiting on Gradius 6 Konami... PS3 title you say.

Comment

Is this getting a general physical release?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Is this getting a general physical release?
                                Based on what came from Granzella's recent stream about this, yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X