R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Based on what came from Granzella's recent stream about this, yes!
    Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    If this gets completed, which I can imagine will be delayed by additional crowdfunding campaigns and the programming of the additional stretch goal levels, then I imagine it'll eventually end up on PSN.

In fact, I can imagine it will be available on PSN before the backers get theirs and cheaper, just to get them thoroughly narked!
    I'm such a bloody cynic.

Having said that, I would throw money at the screen if Konami Kickstarted Gradius VI.
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-09-2020, 15:22.

Comment

Anyone hear any rumblings about retro re-releases or owt in the wake of this?

Would love to have a pack containing Leo, Delta and Final, plus obv all the rest. Would be nice seeing Final 1 updated into HD, I bought it day of release and never gave it nuff time.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Would be nice seeing Final 1 updated into HD
        Don't really care about HD, but it'd be nice to see it running above 10fps...which seems the default framerate for all Kazuma Kujo titles. Hopefully the videos distributed so far showing RTF2 are not lying about the framerate.

Comment

^I don't even recall the framerate Briareos, I just remember it looking and feeling a bit wishy-washy and odd with the millions of ships n' changing levels n' stuff.

I just wasn't sure what it WAS. It just didn't feel Bydo enough.

But I had no patience back then, there was just a DELUGE of ace, weird PS2 games coming out every fortnight, back then, 2003. I just had no bloody patience for it, after a while, too much of a slow burner with stuff like APE ESCAPE 2 to play.

But I reckon I'd really like it, now. And in widescreen, with slightly sharper gfx. I'd def play it now, I appreciate feelz a bit more now I'm slightly closer to death than I was in 2003, right now.

Comment

Looks like NIS America have picked this up -

The legendary side-scrolling shoot-'em-up series returns, now with 3D visuals, classic R-Type gameplay, and an abundance of new features.

'Inaugral Flight' edition coming Spring 2021.

Comment

Is that before the pledgers get their copies?
              Also, could they get any of the extra bits now being offered?

Comment

Is that before the pledgers get their copies?
                Also, could they get any of the extra bits now being offered?
                Radio silence about this on the Kickstart page...

Comment

I’m waiting for the pre orders to go live

Comment

They've also just announced a third round of crowdfunding, supposedly after much demand for it...

The game looks great and I'm clinging to that, but the whole life cycle of this (announcing it on April 1st, a deliberately short set of crowdfunding windows...) is just baffling to me. For what it's worth, my pledge for 'Physical + Special Goods' seems to line up with this 'Inaugral Flight' edition, just with an exclusive slip case (woop woop!):

Originally posted by Kickstarter
                    A physical copy of R-Type Final 2 (for PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch) in an exclusive, backer-only slipcase. Includes a soundtrack CD, a hardcover art book, and your name in the credits.

Comment

Can't wait to see this running on the Series X.

Comment

They asking for more money yet?
                        Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        They've also just announced a third round of crowdfunding, supposedly after much demand for it...
                        Deffo waiting for when this goes into a PSN sale. Can't believe they selling the product and asking for another crowdfunder!

Comment

At this point, crowdfunding is just a venue for very early preorders. Not even a glorified one as some retail releases have been better and have shipped earlier than the ones sent to backers.

I do very much want this, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            Can't wait to see this running on the Series X.
                            4k 120fps please Granzella. Given the latency improvements the new DLI tech brings to the Series consoles it should be the place for shmups.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              I’m waiting for the pre orders to go live
                              Me too.

Pledging for crowdfunding on this, or any other game development, is an absolute non-starter in my book.

Comment

Now scheduled for release on consoles in Japan for April 29.

Comment

Working...
                                X