R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type Final 2

Beyond the Final Mission. The latest work of the legendary shooting game. R-Type Final2 has kicked off! Wave Cannon attacks by trans-dimensional fighters equipped with firepower equivalent of that of a battleship. This game is thoroughly focused on expressions of how enemies are destroyed. The feeling of exhilaration in the destructions is thoroughly pursued.

Announced solely for PS4 so far, the game will recieve a crowd funding push in May

[PS4] R-Type Final 2

Developed by Granzella, the company formed by several ex-Irem employees, which already brought the Disaster Report series back to life.
    There's an official website (in English!) and a short teaser.

More info will be released in May, along...a crowdfunding campaign. Sigh.

[note: it's the 1st of April in Japan and Irem were known for very elaborate April's Fools. This, however, doesn't appear to be one]
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 31-03-2019, 17:08.

Comment

More R-Type is always a good thing...

Comment

Would rather see Mr Heli 2.

Comment

Stupid name though; it’s not really final if there’s a sequel (or 14). Hopefully the game is more creative than the title.
          Last edited by _SD_; 31-03-2019, 17:48.

Comment

More R-Type! Deep joy. The zombie enemies idea actually sounds quite interesting. Let’s see what the May update brings.

Comment

Stupid name. But I hope it turns out to be a great shooter. I'm quite excited about it.

Comment

Merged the two threads - thanks to the OPs.

Am I right in thinking this is a remake of R-Type Final?

Comment

It does read that way. But at least there will be proper support for 16:9 screens.

Comment

That's how I read it, too, which makes the "2" an odd choice rather than "remastered" or something.

EDIT: I've got the original sat on a shelf, unplayed, so I should probably try that first.

Comment

R-Type Final is a strange game. It’s quite melancholy and funereal, a sort of eulogy for the franchise.

From the screenshots, this looks cool.

Comment

Binged on Bullet hell shooters for so long when i go back to R-type it does feel odd

Comment

Granzella are having a Twitter poll asking where you want R-Type Final 2 to come out on. Right now the PS4's leading with 40%, Switch second with 27% and PC/Steam third at 23%. X Box One trailing in fourth at 10%.
                          Cast your vote here:

Comment

Cross-play with the Vita would be sweet.

Comment

AND STILL R-Type LEO is overlooked for a home port.

Comment

Working...
                              X