No announcement yet.

R-Type Final 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those tight corridors and the slow scroll... yup, it's R-Type alright!

Comment

Looks great, any idea of download cost, hopefully under £15.

Comment

It's a full priced retail game - the physical version's up for pre-order at Amazon for £49.99 and I'd expect the download version to be much the same, at least at launch!

In other news, Hori are doing a themed stick for it - https://www.horistore.com/products/detail/33

Comment

Base.com have this for £39.85 on every platform (link).

Comment

There's a reason that the forum has a bargains section.

Just saying.

Comment

Post it there.

There, I've said it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                It's a full priced retail game - the physical version's up for pre-order at Amazon for £49.99 and I'd expect the download version to be much the same, at least at launch!

In other news, Hori are doing a themed stick for it - https://www.horistore.com/products/detail/33
                I really wish physicals would come with a download code.

It's the kind of game I'd love own, but also the kind of game that (if it's good) I could probably go back to a lot for years to come, and I don't want to have to mess around with discs every time I fancy a quick blast

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                  I don't want to have to mess around with discs every time I fancy a quick blast
                  no, instead in 10 years you can mess around trying to find another console with the game on it as the digital store would have closed (happened so much in the past and is now happening with PSP and Vita) and you're original console has died . But at least you'll still have that disc.

I've lost so many 360 games due to them being removed from the store. In my eyes that is theft. Something I legitimately bought has been taken away from me all because I didn't own the physical media.

Comment

Bless 'em, they've just shared an image of the exclusive slipcase today with "crowdfounding Editon" on the front. In as polite a manner as possible I've tried to highlight how the English might be revised, but at the same time I suspect it's also gone to print already.

Comment

You have to love how pervasive Engrish still is. My Panasonic TV bought last year, greeted me with the message ‘Enjoy New TV World!’ when I switched it on

Comment

Quite frankly, such disregard for quality localisation should be prosecuted to the full extent of the jam.

Comment

Demo now available on Switch eShop. 2GB download.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-04-2021, 08:11. Reason: Man, it sure feels good to post in the right thread!

Comment

I have never played an R-Type game before and gave this demo a quick blast last night. I really enjoyed it. Didn't realise it was Granzella doing it. Really enjoyed the weapon upgrades and attaching the orange sphere to the front or back of the ship. Sorry, not knowing the correct names is probably heresy...

I normally only play Cave like shooters so my knowledge of these slower type games is really limited. It reminded my of one of my favourite XBLA games Omega Five.

Comment

Granzella are shipping backer rewards and are aiming to get them to arrive by the game's launch on April 29th...unless it's express couriers or EMS I doubt it'll happen for anyone outside Japan.

Comment

I think they've got a chance! And you know what, if they get a physical product in my hands before a retail copy would've arrived, it'll be the first bloody time this has ever happened with a Kickstarter, so fair play to them. Also, it is shipping in some fine-ass cardboard. Corrrr!

Comment

Working...
                                X