Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no way Corbyn can remain as Labour leader if those numbers are correct.

Comment

There's no way he can stay if that exit poll is anywhere close to correct.

SNP are going to be working overtime to get Scotland out of the UK now. Can't say I blame them. Northern Ireland is going to be... interesting as well.

Comment

I think I'm going to stop taking an interest in politics. It's clear that all my conversations and online interactions are preaching to the choir, so there's just no point.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        There's no way Corbyn can remain as Labour leader if those numbers are correct.
        Not unless he wants to split the party in two, taking Momentum with him.

Comment

I know the SNP are talking big now about a 2nd Indy ref but to be honest... I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect that the Tories will just tell them to f*** off. They've just had a clear and unquestionable blank check from the broader UK public that lying and doing whatever the hell you want regardless of democracy or morality is a-ok with them.

Comment

Corbyn has been rubbish but he didn’t lose it. If the polls are to be believed, people showed up in huge numbers to vote Tory. Not anyone else. Tory.

And really, whatever about previous elections and even taking into account the technologically illiterate, the Tories have shown themselves very clearly for what they are. They have lied, dehumanised people, stoked racism and flat out killed people in austerity. People know who they are and voted for them anyway. Xenophobia or whatever else that is stoking the fires of Brexit is more important than the potential to actually improve the country. Is worth taking the lies and the NHS being sold off and everything that comes with it. The UK, unfortunately (and I know not many here are in this group), has shown to be dominated by sociopaths or racists or masochists or idiots or all of the above in spite of many trying to work for the better - and there are so many that seem to want better and believe in better. But the makeup of the country is all out of whack. The media is all out of whack.

These exit polls are depressing. I feel for you guys and fear for all of us but mostly I’m pretty disgusted right now. You deserved better.

Edit: on Corbyn, he should go and should have gone earlier because the media successfully tainted him and he didn’t step up when he could have but let’s not pretend someone else would have won. People didn’t vote for Milliband because he ate a sandwich funny.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 12-12-2019, 21:39.

Comment

I can only assume that Boris and his cohorts expect to cash out and do a runner before the 2024 General Election because I just don't see how this pans out for the Tories in the long term. They're able to finally force through the first stage of Brexit but have literally no way to pass the blame to anyone anymore. Every single problem, issue, hardship and outcry here on outward will 100% unavoidably be on them to bear.

Comment

The results forecast has projected that Jo Swinson is about to lose her own seat

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  I know the SNP are talking big now about a 2nd Indy ref but to be honest... I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect that the Tories will just tell them to f*** off. They've just had a clear and unquestionable blank check from the broader UK public that lying and doing whatever the hell you want regardless of democracy or morality is a-ok with them.
                  Pretty much, I think long term it will help the SNP though and when the time comes, they'll be out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Corbyn has been rubbish but he didn’t lose it. If the polls are to be believed, people showed up in huge numbers to vote Tory. Not anyone else. Tory.

And really, whatever about previous elections and even taking into account the technologically illiterate, the Tories have shown themselves very clearly for what they are. They have lied, dehumanised people, stoked racism and flat out killed people in austerity. People know who they are and voted for them anyway. Xenophobia or whatever else that is stoking the fires of Brexit is more important than the potential to actually improve the country. Is worth taking the lies and the NHS being sold off and everything that comes with it. The UK, unfortunately (and I know not many here are in this group), has shown to be dominated by sociopaths or racists or masochists or idiots or all of the above in spite of many trying to work for the better - and there are so many that seem to want better and believe in better. But the makeup of the country is all out of whack. The media is all out of whack.
                    There's a mass delusion around Brexit and what it's going to offer. Like you say, people know what the Tories are like but they want Brexit so badly they'll vote them in to get it.

They're in for a shock when the amount of brown people coming to the UK increases as part of future trade deals with India and the like.

Comment

BBC have a projection tool up for seats.
                      Explore the general election 2019 exit poll across every constituency in Great Britain.

For me it's:

Too Close to forecast winning party
                      75% chance of conservative gain, 25% of labour hold.
                      Wonderful :/

Comment

The pound surges with the exit polls, almost as if the interests of the wealthy who move money around might be tied to this: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

Of course, it says ‘surges’ but the graph shows it to still be pretty dire, almost as if this narrative is important to Bloomberg readers who move money around.

Comment

My constituency has been held strongly by Labour for a shave under 100 years. BBC projection - too close to call

Comment

And the Tories managed to win the seat. Well, at least my theory about the locals is confirmed

Comment

Put the blame to momentum and labour party members. I’ve said for ages, they have completely turned off the average working class person. They have burned votes arl ower in the north east and will struggle now to ever get them back.

Comment

Turns out most people like what's happening to the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X