This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    If they've put themselves out as would-be elected officials, surely that makes them "politicians"? Saying otherwise is like saying a cook at McDonald's isn't a cook just because you don't like their food.

Then again I don't see "politician" as a word worthy of protection. It has no standing in my eyes. It's already tarnished beyond any sort of repair.
    They are bigoted thugs that have thrown on suits and are using our political system to try to legitimise and spread their hate. This isn't like saying "I disagree with Theresa May on austerity, so I choose discredit her position entirely", theirs is a fundamentally unacceptable position. The likes of Robinson would gladly strip marginalised folks of their most basic rights, and I don't think we should become apathetic or indifferent to this in the pursuit of civility.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      The likes of Robinson would gladly strip marginalised folks of their most basic rights, and I don't think we should become apathetic or indifferent to this in the pursuit of civility.
      Exactly. The second you make this a debatable position in any shape or form, you have legitimised it. You have validated it. It has to be simply unacceptable and anything less breeds more of it.

Comment

Nigel actually thinks the Brexit Party getting its predicted results in the European Elections will kill a second referendum

May lays out her new deal and loses pretty much every last person stood beside her. The end is nigh.

Comment

Farage is a loathsome anti-Establishment toad. He’s the Establishment figure for anti-Establishment. A failed Tory creep with an abysmal record in actually doing his elected job. The go-to guy for gob****ery, whereby he can skulk back into the shadows whenever one of the jobs he’s campaigned for comes to pass, then reappear again like a conjured-up Devil when his arse has been out the media for a while. Everything about him is cynical and opportunist. A dangerous poster boy for causes which benefit his own career.

Comment

The plastics ban begins as some single use items start to become illegal from April 2020. Say hello to less plastic in the waters, say goodbye to trees

With May now effectively completely dead on her feet, Johnson begins lying to get support for his bid again.

Whilst the EU continues to look on with depressed eyes

Comment

Current tracking of voting intention for MV4 suggests that the number of rebel Tories voting against May's deal has already doubled. Another two peers have had the party whip suspended for declaring they will vote against their own parties, one Tory due to the poor deal and the other Labour due to Corbyns poor leadership.

It's almost inconceivable that Michael Gove holds a senior post given how unlikeably and provably untrustworthy he is has started to slither and snake in attempt to survive May's exodus and is now complimenting Boris having stabbed him hard in the back in 2016

May's Deal has been so badly received on its fourth airing that rumours are already circling that the fourth vote may be abandoned and any attempt to revisit the deal could be put off till after the upcoming Tory Leadership contest which would place the country in an emergency scenario as it would burn up all of our remaining A50 extension time.

Speculation is growing that when the European Election results come in on Sunday and the party takes a massive hit, that will be the day that the Tory Party begins formally removing May as PM and they will opt to cancel the planned vote on her deal. Should she survive a couple more weeks and her vote proceed it will solely be on the basis that all parties lack any idea of what to do as an alternative.

Comment

Side note - interesting discussion on LBC for a short spell yesterday thanks to one caller:

Can the UK leave with No Deal?

The basis is that the public voted Leave or Remain based on the related campaigns and promises that each side made to them. The public voted Leave under a campaign that promised that the UK would leave the EU with a strong deal that it could flourish under. Leave wasn't campaigned for under a banner of No Deal meaning that any argument in favour of No Deal Leave respecting the will of the people is false and just as void as any case for a second referendum. Thereby MP's and Parliament should be able to support their lack of favour for No Deal by saying that it would be a breach of the will of the people to let No Deal occur - therefore should any A50 deadline date arrive without an agreement in place they would be duty bound to protect the national interest which means revoking Article 50 automatically, not taking Brexit off the table but simply removing the immediate axe

Comment

This result projection from Yougov is what Farage says will bring down May, Corbyn and any chance of a second referendum. It's also what shows why no-one should be taking the EU elections as a literal indicator for anything as it's such a broken manipulated result from a single issue party for something that isn't single issue. Add the split vote numbers for Pro-Remain parties together and suddenly the figure is 47 Leave - 42 Remain

That is not counting independ candidates and most importantly it's completely ignoring Labours votes that only an utter moron or Corbyn would think wouldn't - of forced - opt for Remain. Utterly destroys Farage's argument.

Comment

Showing just how delusional he is now, Corbyn actually has the gall to stand in PMQs and call for a General Election

Comment

its getting like GoT. Everyone wants to be PM and sit in the chair, but the position is cursed and you'll be sniped later by your own party.

Comment

The amount of coverage Fartage gets is incomprehensible. No seats. No track record of success. Ukip was a massive fail. Sponged millions from the parliament system, here and in Europe. A perfect example of a career politician - the total opposite of the "man of the people".

Comment

The news absolutely love him. I can't believe someone hasn't punched him yet.

Comment

A quick helper to determine if you can punch a nazi.

Comment

European Elections tomorrow, I still can't believe Tommy Fascist Robinson is running here the North West.

I wasn't sure how voting works but The Guardian outline it fairly well. I want MEPs that are anti Brexit so I'll probably vote for the Lib Dems.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                The amount of coverage Fartage gets is incomprehensible. No seats. No track record of success. Ukip was a massive fail. Sponged millions from the parliament system, here and in Europe. A perfect example of a career politician - the total opposite of the "man of the people".
                                Wood chippers looking pretty good now isn’t it.

Comment

Working...
                                X