Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be difficult for them, bad as the Tories have been, to see the party die before their eyes and become just another UKIP especially with Cummings yielding so much control at the moment. It was amazing yesterday to find out that Cummings isn't even a member of the Tory party.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      -The government has been accused by the opposing QC of treating the court with a 'certain degree of contempt'
      It's true, I did.

-He's accused them of blocking the under oath testing of a witness
      I have

-Also accused them of concealing and misleading the court over Johnsons reasoning for proroguing parliament
      They have been misleading, I am right.

-The governments own QC has been permitted to admit late papers
      Wait, whaaaat?
      The Government have their own evil version of me?!

Comment

On a less jocular note:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          On a less jocular note:
          I read Rees-Mogg's replies to that guy on the radio. Honestly, his phrasing reads like a teacher scolding a student. It's a totally unacceptable way to speak to someone, but something that the Tory party base probably just eat right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            I read Rees-Mogg's replies to that guy on the radio. Honestly, his phrasing reads like a teacher scolding a student. It's a totally unacceptable way to speak to someone, but something that the Tory party base probably just eat right up.

"Rees-Mogg said there were “reserve plans to fly drugs in if necessary”.
            He told Nicholl: “This is a major focus of government policy. I think it’s deeply irresponsible, Dr Nicholl, of you to call in and try to spread fear across the country. I think it’s typical of remainer campaigners and you should be quite ashamed, I’m afraid.”

In March, Nicholl raised concerns with the House of Commons health select committee about NHS England’s no-deal Brexit policy, which he believed was “exposing patients with long-term conditions such as epilepsy to an increased level of risk due to limitations in supply of drugs”.

Nicholl asked Rees-Mogg: “Having been involved in writing the plans for mitigation and having whistleblown because I felt they were unsafe, what level of mortality rate are you willing to accept in the light of a no-deal Brexit?

Rees-Mogg told Nicholl: “I don’t think there’s any reason to suppose that a no-deal Brexit should lead to a mortality rate.
            “I think this is the worst excess of ‘project fear’ and I’m surprised that a doctor in your position would be fearmongering in this way on public radio.”

Nicholl told the prominent Brexiter: “Can I remind you I wrote the plans of mitigation?”

Rees-Mogg replied: “Well, you didn’t write very good plans if you hadn’t worked out how to mitigate, had you? It’s fortunate they are being written by other people now who are serious about mitigating, rather than remoaners.”

In March Nicholl told the health select committee there were widespread concerns among his colleagues about the supply of anti-epileptic drugs and other medicines for neuropathic pain despite the very “large number of excellent civil servants … working on no-deal contingency plans”."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Rees-Mogg replied: “Well, you didn’t write very good plans if you hadn’t worked out how to mitigate, haaaad yoooouuuu? It’s fortunate they are being written by other people now who are serious about mitigating, rather than remoaners.”
                It's this bit. It's like some kind of victorian schoolmaster, peering over his glasses, trying to humiliate a struggling student in front of the class. It's strange how just a couple of words can impart something so specific (though I'm aware I'm probably the only one who thinks this).

Comment

US Vice President Mike Pence has apparently urged Ireland the EU to negotiate in good faith with the UK which to me is insanely unprofessional and clearly exposes just how tied to the hip Trump and Johnson are - something that can only cost Johnson votes the more that link is exposed.

Comment

US Vice President Mike Pence has apparently urged Ireland the EU to negotiate in good faith with the UK which to me is insanely unprofessional and clearly exposes just how tied to the hip Trump and Johnson are - something that can only cost Johnson votes the more that link is exposed.
                    ~eeeh... I mean, I'm not defending the US administration here but the Americans have always taken a strong interest in Irish affairs. I've always thought it strange, but enough of them say they're Irish when you ask so I guess that's why.

Comment

Honestly, I'm thankful it's Pence just shooting his mouth off rather than bombing us into oblivion and installing a puppet regime.

Comment

Johnson has lost his majority as Phillip Lee, walks across the floor of the Commons to join the Lib Dems, whilst Johnson is talking!

Comment

"Sadly, the Brexit process has helped transform this once great Party in to something more akin to a narrow faction, where an individual's 'conservatism' i smeasured by how recklessly one wishes to leave the European Union. Perhaps most disappointingly, it has increasingly become infected with the twin diseases of populism and English nationalism."

Comment

Corbyn ended his speech by saying that Boris Johnson’s government had “no mandate, no morals and, as of today, no majority”.

Comment

I’d like to have Rees-Mogg sent to the glue factory but he’s so slimy, he’ll ruin the consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                I’d like to have Rees-Mogg sent to the glue factory but he’s so slimy, he’ll ruin the consistency.
                                What do people I Japan think of all this, Randombs?

Comment

Working...
                                X