Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 2 just has a European editor on who spoke the most truth I've heard all day.
    She said 'Get brexit done' only means closing phase 1 of brexit and opening phase 2 which is arguably the more lengthy discussions about trade with the EU. Boris wants it done in 1 year but the EU have said that if he wants a meaningful trade deal it should take much longer. The reason Boris wants it done quickly is because other countries are unlikely to sign on the dotted line with the UK for trade until they know what kind of arrangement we have with the EU, which could leave us hanging with no trade deals with anyone for at least a year, maybe longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Giving up is what they want Asura. Step away for a bit but don't permanently disengage, your country and people need you.
      Yes, but "they" are both the people in power and the bulk of the voting public of my generation.

I'm just going to worry about the people immediately around me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Radio 2 just has a European editor on who spoke the most truth I've heard all day.
        She said 'Get brexit done' only means closing phase 1 of brexit and opening phase 2 which is arguably the more lengthy discussions about trade with the EU. Boris wants it done in 1 year but the EU have said that if he wants a meaningful trade deal it should take much longer. The reason Boris wants it done quickly is because other countries are unlikely to sign on the dotted line with the UK for trade until they know what kind of arrangement we have with the EU, which could leave us hanging with no trade deals with anyone for at least a year, maybe longer.
        Trade deals take 5-10 years to sort out, will be lucky if the final trade EU agreement is done by the next election... The future is looking very grim.

Comment

And now he faces the issue of having a fresh GE under his belt and still having no mandate to allow No Deal to occur which is likely if he sticks to his no extension guns. With a majority behind him, if he can keep the noise and frustration around Brexit to a minimum then he's no reason at all to object to extending the transition period so either he's still lying and will cave on that or he's lied to public and intends to sabotage his own deal

Comment

Tories hold the final seat in St Ives giving a Conservative majority of 78 seats.

Lord Ashcroft Polls post election polling, worth a look if you want a better understanding of the electorate's reasons for voting: https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/1...ost-vote-poll/

Last edited by MartyG; 13-12-2019, 14:58.

Comment

Ever since I was 14 and my project group at school voted for some bollocks topic I didn't want (3 people out of a group of 7 voted for it), I have known that democracy was garbage. And it's happened repeatedly. Trump, Brexit, and now what looks to be two decades of Tory savagery, most recently with a landslide majority.

I had hoped the British public could be educated through suffering. That pain would make them vote correctly. You've suffered the Tories for so long you would now - finally - know not to do it again. But nope. The voters chose to **** the bed instead. Well, you bought the ticket, so enjoy the ride. Even the hamster in the Simpsons had more intelligence than this election's voters.

Everything that now happens the public absolutely truly deserve. I am so livid with this result, that whatever **** now takes place I can only think it a fitting punishment for such stupidity. When the NHS belongs to America and everyone is dying because they can't afford treatment, or when the food industry pumps EU-banned toxins into the food of your children, or when the minimum wage is scrapped, or maternity leave reduced, or social welfare safety net burned away even more, when the homeless fill the streets, when the mega-corporations avoid tax and exploit you to the bone, maybe then, maybe through massive levels of unimaginable suffering, the voting public will finally learn not to touch the ****ing electrified cupcake again.

Come next election, I hope the pain has educated you all sufficiently. Your re-education starts today.

Jo Swinson lost her seat?
              How's that a good thing? She is/was one of the hottest woman in parliament and on TV. I've always had a bit of a crush on Jo. She can be in charge of me any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                How's that a good thing? She is/was one of the hottest woman in parliament and on TV. I've always had a bit of a crush on Jo. She can be in charge of me any time.
                Nearly vommed my tea up.

Comment

I liked your post, then I got to this part now I can't unlike it!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Nearly vommed my tea up.
                    Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    She's utterly lovely. How many hearts were torn in two when she married? Imagine getting to spend the rest of your life exclusively with her as your companion.

Comment

She's utterly lovely. How many hearts were torn in two when she married? Imagine getting to spend the rest of your life exclusively with her as your companion.

I can imagine what Hank Franklinson would say right now:

"Hey Jo! I hear you lost your seat...why dont'cha come here and sit on my lap?"

Comment

I simply don't know what's going on Sketcz...I worry for you.

Comment

To each their own, I think she's a rotten person

Comment

I can imagine what Hank Franklinson would say right now:

"Hey Jo! I hear you lost your seat...why dont'cha come here and sit on my lap?"
                            Nah, I reckon Hank Franklinson is the kinda guy who secretly wants to sit on Jo's lap, roleplaying with her as the chief whip and him as undersecretary.

To each their own, I think she's a rotten person
                            Rotten how?
                            Last edited by Sketcz; 13-12-2019, 20:26.

Comment

She looks like sumit off the riddlers

Comment

You should be able to unlike posts BTW

Comment

Working...
                                X