Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tories launch a manifesto lacking in practically every way. I know we talk a lot about the damage that Trump has caused to America, its politics and the views of its people but hot damn, the Tories are leading us right down that same path.

Comment

Another Tory wanker trying to hard to get in the news with fake stuff.

Except here he's an ex Labour MP and clearly just a corrupt politician who will take any stance that keeps him in a job

Comment

Uber has lost its London Operating License again

Tony Blair says he expects that after the GE ends things will get so messy that whoever is in power will ultimately fall in favour of a second referendum

Comment

Surely Labour are favourites after this week? Unless you earn over 100k there really is no reason to vote conservative.

Also, why is Corbyn being brexit neutral a bad thing? It seems to be all Boris has over him!

Comment

I'm just going to say it - unrealistic spending aside - Labours campaign absolutely destroys all the other parties by an embarrassing amount. That the Tories lead by such a margin speaks volumes as to just how bad a decision settling Brexit via GE is and their nonifesto is basically them writing themselves a blank cheque for the next 5 years to do as they please on the back of it further evidencing just how corrupt they've become as a party.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I'm just going to say it - unrealistic spending aside - Labours campaign absolutely destroys all the other parties by an embarrassing amount. That the Tories lead by such a margin speaks volumes as to just how bad a decision settling Brexit via GE is and their nonifesto is basically them writing themselves a blank cheque for the next 5 years to do as they please on the back of it further evidencing just how corrupt they've become as a party.
              And I think it also speaks volumes about the power of the media in all of this, especially with regards to social media, and how twisted that has all become. And you could see the same in the US back when it was Clinton versus Trump. Constant seeds of doubt sown over and over and nurtured all the way through. And even though those seeds are often untrue and even when they are true would just be tiny drops in the ocean next to the giant screaming blatant crimes of their opponents ('but her emails', 'Corbyn sad X'), that constant slow drip of doubt is enough to irreparably damage the better candidate. And that's even before we get into outside interference.

Comment

I don't use facebook so I don't know what's happening there. Corbyn has finally started to bite though. Hopefully its not too late.

Comment

We had 100,000 new voter registrations in 48 hours recently, the bulk of which were aged 24 - 34 and younger. I can only hope the youth come out to vote because we can't have the grey vote for the conservatives dominating the next 5 years again. Surely they must be running out of old people to vote for them now right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    We had 100,000 new voter registrations in 48 hours recently, the bulk of which were aged 24 - 34 and younger. I can only hope the youth come out to vote because we can't have the grey vote for the conservatives dominating the next 5 years again. Surely they must be running out of old people to vote for them now right?
                    Some of their kids REAAAAALLLY want the Tories in power. They stand to inherit their wealth.

Comment

The percentage of kids these days who stand a chance of inheriting substantial wealth has to be very low. The world is now rigged against most kids and the Tories will only make that worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        The percentage of kids these days who stand a chance of inheriting substantial wealth has to be very low. The world is now rigged against most kids and the Tories will only make that worse.
                        It isn't going to be the majority, certainly - but I think it's a decent chunk of the 18-28 vote. I'm including kids of parents who aren't that wealthy but keenly guard the little wealth they have.

Comment

Defending the rich doesn't make you rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            It isn't going to be the majority, certainly - but I think it's a decent chunk of the 18-28 vote. I'm including kids of parents who aren't that wealthy but keenly guard the little wealth they have.
                            Then they would be voting for further erosion of the middle classes which would be a really self destructive move.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Defending the rich doesn't make you rich.
                              Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Then they would be voting for further erosion of the middle classes which would be a really self destructive move.
                              I'm not defending them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                I'm not defending them.
                                I didn't mean you. It was just a general statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X