This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    A lot of Jewish people openly criticise Isreal, does that make them antisemetic?
    In Netenyahu's worldview, yes.

Comment

I don't even believe it is his worldview. It is simply rhetoric that suits him.

Comment

Chief Rabbi whatshisface is a close friend of Johnson. Of course he's going to slag off the opposition.

“I am delighted to congratulate Boris Johnson, a longstanding friend and champion of the Jewish community, on becoming the next leader of the Conservative Party and our next Prime Minister. As he accepts upon himself the mantle of responsibility to lead our nation, may he be blessed with the wisdom to successfully navigate the political uncertainties we face and bring healing and prosperity to our great country.” (June)

Comment

And may he continue to sell us weapons and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            Surely Labour are favourites after this week? Unless you earn over 100k there really is no reason to vote conservative.
            There a number of reasons I'd be very wary of ever voting for Corbyn's Labour. Massive promises that don't add up and some very questionable comments over the years. His policies sound like they would discourage foreign investment, raise prices and unemployment and drive talent out which would be terrible for the economy. I also wonder what the quality and reliablity of the services he's planning to nationalize would be.

Comment

I’d be wary of ordering the fish. There can be tiny little bones and there could be a risk of salmonella. Waiter, I’ll have the toxic discharge-filled turd, please. Yes, and stab me in the eye too.

That’s pretty much what I hear now when I hear someone having a go at Labour. While some reservations might be genuine, to not vote to get the Tories out is an act of self-harm.

Comment

This is interesting. It's a map showing the voting divide between young and old. It highlights what we were discussing earlier.

Comment

There’s a film concept in that. The eve before an election, the young turn on the old, killing every one they can find in order to swing the election. Film idea or revolution idea. Whichever you want.

Comment

It's a good job the Tories aren't also accused of similar discrimination against any faiths... oh

Comment

I honestly think people assume big businesses are going to say "Hey, before Labour we made £2bn in profit in a year and now we're only making £1.5bn, it's just not worth it.".

Comment

163 economists have endorsed Labour’s economic policy in a letter to the Financial Times. There’s an article about it in the Independent.

Austerity was an ideologically-driven sham. A totally new direction is needed.

We need a new political discourse. Nationalisation is not ‘hard left or far left’. It’s commonplace around the world. We’ve been hoodwinked in this country into thinking that privatisation is incredible, whereas in reality it sucks money from the economy, encouraging inflated price-fixing collusion, and often provides an appalling service.

It’s odd that the Brexit mantra of fat swollen bellends like Boris and Frogage is ‘take back control’, but that doesn’t seem to extend to owning our own services and infrastructure. No, that’s ‘communist’ and ‘extreme’. Empty words from a terrified ruling class of billionaires and their mouthpieces, yet nevertheless powerful rhetoric for those not privy to facts.

KILLIAN IS LYING TO YOU.
                        Last edited by prinnysquad; 27-11-2019, 05:14.

Comment

So the same day a Rabbi attacks Labour, the islamic council attacks the torys. Which one did you hear about the most?

The Muslim Council of Britain accuses the Conservatives of a "blind spot for this type of racism".

Comment

Listening to LBC a week or two ago they were discussing the Corbyn/Anti-Semitism row and it came up from a political analyst or some such that he was mildly surprised that the Tories pushed that angle so hard. His basis was that as bad as the issue is, in voting terms it would make hardly any difference at all to voting intention because the pro-Labour Jewish community was so pocketed regionally and low in population count, also that outside of the Jewish community non-Jewish voters tend to be indifferent to the story because it doesn't affect them and they never see or hear much in terms of specific examples. Instead he figured all it largely accomplished was to invite comparisons to the Tories record on islamophobia which he felt were more likely to impact the Tories chances than anti-Semitism would Labours, hence the oddity of the push on it.

Comment

I think part of it is very simple - those who aim for better will expect better from their candidates and this can be used against them. Again, it's not dissimilar to what we saw in the 2016 US elections. They can throw seeds of doubt and accusations against more progressive candidates when their own candidates have done so much worse. But many Conservative voters don't care about Johnson's blatant racism, some share it. People looking for a better option will be much more hesitant about backing a candidate that is tainted with accusations of racism. Simply put, they're easier to take down because their supporters expect better.

Comment

I imagine there's quite a number inside of Labour as well who are thinking 'well, at least if we lose then the Tories have to take the entire blame for any Brexit issues and we can also get rid of Corbyn within the year'

Comment

Working...
                                X